Is a 160/180cm x 60cm desk possible for under £100

Soldato
Currently my desk is 120cm x 60cm and I need something a bit wider now due to my monitor set up. Ideally I'd like 180cm x 60cm (but these seem pretty impossible to find) but I'd also settle for a 140cm or 160cm x 60cm desk

I'm thinking I could just get a decent tabletop cut to size and add some legs but DIY isn't my strong point. Has anyone else here purchased a desk recently close to this size? If so where did you get it from

Cheers

Soldato
Sort of, I bought a sit stand desk, the legs part and then bought the table top from ebay as I wanted a thick piece of birch plywood to support a triple monitor set up. You could do something similar and buy some legs from Ikea or somewhere. I've seen some done with hair pin legs which look rather modern.

Permabanned
You don't need DIY skills to make a desk. lol

Go to ikea, buy 4 desk legs. (Take your pick) then buy a kitchen worktop (3 meters) cut it down to fit your size. (Get someone to do this for you if you don't like handling power tools) screw the 4 legs on and bosh! win win.

Man of Honour
160x60 top and 4 legs isn't that much over £100 at Ikea, finding a 180x60 top is a little harder. Definitely plenty of options for DIY tops and 4 legs that come in under £100 though. Just be aware some tops aren't designed to be cur down and have a honeycomb like material structure in the middle to save cost and weight.

Caporegime
Currently my desk is 120cm x 60cm and I need something a bit wider now due to my monitor set up. Ideally I'd like 180cm x 60cm (but these seem pretty impossible to find) but I'd also settle for a 140cm or 160cm x 60cm desk

I'm thinking I could just get a decent tabletop cut to size and add some legs but DIY isn't my strong point. Has anyone else here purchased a desk recently close to this size? If so where did you get it from

Cheers
Have a look at a company called worktop express. I got my desk from there and it’s fantastic. Just add 4 ikea legs and you’re away.

Soldato
We've got 10 Hilver/Aldis desks at work and they're fine. Bit wobbly when not against a wall but we could secure them if needed.

Some of the tops are about 5 years old, used every day 5 days a week, and no particular signs of wear so I can confirm the laminate isn't paper thin

All have dual 27" monitors and plenty wide enough.

Back
Top Bottom