Attempted Insurance Fraud

Soldato
I had my insurance company contact me about "my accident" as someone claimed I had rear ended their car. Thing is, I was where he said and yes we nearly did have an accident as the idiot didnt look when he was reverse parking and swung out into me (he was on RHS of road reversing into a spot towards me). I stopped a few feet short of him and then when he stopped I drove by.

He claimed I hit his car, and caused whiplash and drove off.

Thing is, I have my Ring video camera footage showing in 1080P my car leaving home and my car returning less than an hour later with not a mark on it.

My insurance company "put them to proof" and got no response. So they closed the claim and removed the mark from their claims database. That was a couple weeks back. But it still irks me.

It seems wrong to me that someone can attempt a fraud and just walk away when they fail. No consequences.

Soldato
Aye and if he claimed they drove on, did the ****** also make a false police report to that effect, that might be worth investigating, as I'd be very surprised if the insurance company started to persue this, without first checking the police report.
If so, he's made a false statement and should be put to death for it. Or potentially some other more tolerant future deterrent.

Soldato
No, I agree with OP the ******* will try it on someone else and maybe win.

The op didn't say anything about the acuser trying it on with others, he simply said that it still irks him that there is no recourse to which I said move on..

Im pretty sure insurance companies use a database and should the accuser try it again it will flag the previous attempt and so on to the point they will then prosecute.

Soldato
What an incredibly strange and cynical attitude :confused:

I do believe that people are purely motivated by self interest, take the ops post for example, there were two party's involved one, the op, who is angry with two the accuser who is purely motivated by self interest irrespective of the outcome, opinion or damage to others.
Again insurance companies have a database

https://www.abi.org.uk/data-and-res...otor-insurance-anti-fraud-and-theft-database/

If the 2nd party has a habit of making false claims he will be prosecuted.

And so..

Case closed move on...

Soldato
I am sure that nobody here would have any issue with the idea that somebody burning down their factory to claim the insurance was not a serious crime (Or Would they? :/ )

But yet there seem to be a lot of people who seem to think that "Minor" insurance fraud is somehow OK!

The getting sick on holiday being a very good recent example.

Actually, this sort of casual dishonesty is utterly corrosive on society! It really shouldn't be regarded as some sort of minor issue at all!

Those who attempt this sort of thing (And even more so, the scumbag Lawyers who encourage them to do so, and who also profit by it) should really be stamped on really hard!

:mad:

Soldato
Feel free to leave the thread, after all the case is closed mate.

The rest will carry on this discussion without your ridiculous input.

OK sorry,

grr I had a near miss and to top it off they tried to make a claim but it fell flat on its face, I hope they don't get away with it.

Oh look insurance companies have a database, I guess that if the other party tries again it will be flagged and hopefully he will be prosecuted for attempting fraud.

Justice served to the toe rag, now I can move on with my life and let the investigators carry on.

Was that simple enough for you.

I hazard a guess this sort of thing is rife in the UK and not all single cases are investigated. We can moan all we want on an Internet form but to be Frank that's about as much as we can do about it. Anyway I've wasted far too much time on this as you happily pointed out, feel free to carry on getting angry and upset about it.

Soldato
OK sorry,

grr I had a near miss and to top it off they tried to make a claim but it fell flat on its face, I hope they don't get away with it.

Oh look insurance companies have a database, I guess that if the other party tries again it will be flagged and hopefully he will be prosecuted for attempting fraud.

Justice served to the toe rag, now I can move on with my life and let the investigators carry on.

Was that simple enough for you.

There's no place for reasoning in this thread. The OP must be allowed vengeance. You haven't even mentioned letterboxes or poo in your proposed action.

Back
Top Bottom