• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Radeon RX 5700 XT Owners Thread.

Soldato
Installed my reference 5700xt this morning, left it standard and was quite loud. Upped the power voltage it was boosting constantly over 2000mhz but the junction temperature was hitting 110 briefly.

Timespy score of 9806
graphics score being 9543
Gtest 1 65.69fps
Gtest 2 52.27fps

ive done some tweaking and dropped the target to 1900mhz/1000mv with a 10% power limit and 38% fan speed.

I ran Timespy again and got a
combined score of 9371
Gtest 1 62.20fps
Gtest 2 49.90fps

The Fan currently tops out at 2000rpm briefly but mainly hovers around 1650rpm
GPU temp sits around 70c and the junction temp is between 79c-85c

im going to try and tweak a bit more but im genuinely impressed at how quiet you can get this card at the expense of 3fps.

Consider downvolting. 1900Mhz/960mv (970mv if you have crashes), 1780-1800Mhz ram. 0% PL. Leave the stock speeds on the fan

Soldato
This is after 30mins of dirt rally. My r9 290 use to get into the 70s, but this bad boy doesn't even break into a sweat. It might be just me but I seem tobe better at driving in the snow, now its nice and smooth.

XBgAvgT.jpg

Associate
Found out why I had High pitched Coil Whine & High Temps on Desktop, it was the Recording Enabled in the Radeon software, the CTRL+Shift- R that I used in a game,
Seems to be a big bug if left enabled Causing Video Encode as seen in task manger to go high & Using up to 50 Watts of GPU power.
Once disabled it goes to 0% all silent & temps drop to 39/40c

Q5KpGSO.jpg.png

Last edited:
Soldato
Well I'm on my second card now..
3700x with 16 gig ram

First one was horrendous constantly stuttering and very low fps,did clean install on everything updated bios etc but decided to send it back as I thought it has to be faulty and a new one will be ok ...

Just installed second card ,jitter bugs have gone on some games but I'm getting 50 FPS tops playing at 1440p on all games.

Warhammer 2 (stuttering ahoy)
Subnautica (struggles with this game! my 1060 puts this card to shame)
Battlefleet gothic( 2nd card ironed out the unplayable stuttering at least)
Grand theft auto IV (45fps!?)

Am I unrealistic or is this poor!? 1060 equals and betters this card

Soldato
Have you disabled all the things like Radeon chill etc? In the global settings, just to troubleshoot, apologies if you have done so already, can’t say had any issues like that with the nitro +.

Soldato
Yup tried everything ,might box it back up and ask for a refund maybe keep 1060 untill new cards come out or buy a 2070s

I would run DDU in safe mode and uninstall all the drivers from both AMD and Nvidia. Then, before installing the latest drivers from AMD, download and install the latest AMD chipset drivers. Then install the AMD GPU drivers.

Soldato
I would run DDU in safe mode and uninstall all the drivers from both AMD and Nvidia. Then, before installing the latest drivers from AMD, download and install the latest AMD chipset drivers. Then install the AMD GPU drivers.

Already tried that,I'm just going to ask for a refund if I can.

Back
Top Bottom