****** Official World of Warships Thread ******

Associate
yes I have reset a line or 3 - am still regrinding. you can reset one line season for a x2 bonus - so only reset one line per season. you find the seasons in their wiki.
look under research bureau and the seasons are

season 2 - 19 Nov 2019 to 18 Feb 2020 est
season 3 - 19 Feb est to 18 May 2020

note that you can use free xp to go through a reset line and you don't have to play a battle then but then if reset it AGAIN and play battles it will remember and you get the research point for this time and the time before! - see the wiki

Associate
I noticed something recently in that there seems to be a more beginners at T5/T6/T7 where I normally play. As though there was a starter pack out there that gave you a T5 or T6. In game two or three ships would just go off and do their own thing or stand well away from the battle and try and shoot. Or the odd ship that would not cap even though its next to it and I've just told them its clear as I've flown over it twice and told them its clear. I know you always get the odd muppet but it was the other weekend where I played a lot and noticed some really stupid people and it was always 3 or 4 doing nothing whilst the others were playing the game properly.
was this in coop or random?

Soldato
that sounds bad for random. you may be correct that there is an influx of new players with high tier ships!

I suspect a part of it is the Armory, and coal ships, and the length of time they've now been available for.

So even a casual player, couple of games a day at low tiers can get 400~500 coal per day on average. Add that to the 25% coal discount codes, and you have high tier coal ships coming in at around 180K coal, or 365 days of "grind" of opening even just the 2k XP container per day, which really isn't much of a challenge to anyone. (Add in christmas coal bonuses and daily missions, and it can quickly become much less)

Still, I love the 'free' premium coal ships, and think they're much more of a positive thing than a negative. Couple of months more, and I should be getting me a Thunderer! :D

Also, NORKS rules the waves. Want to know why? Here's why:

nsnfX6h.jpg

Yes, you're not seeing things. That's an official DOUBLE KRAKEN!

Associate
I suspect a part of it is the Armory, and coal ships, and the length of time they've now been available for.

So even a casual player, couple of games a day at low tiers can get 400~500 coal per day on average. Add that to the 25% coal discount codes, and you have high tier coal ships coming in at around 180K coal, or 365 days of "grind" of opening even just the 2k XP container per day, which really isn't much of a challenge to anyone. (Add in christmas coal bonuses and daily missions, and it can quickly become much less)

Still, I love the 'free' premium coal ships, and think they're much more of a positive thing than a negative. Couple of months more, and I should be getting me a Thunderer! :D

Also, NORKS rules the waves. Want to know why? Here's why:

nsnfX6h.jpg

Yes, you're not seeing things. That's an official DOUBLE KRAKEN!
I like my thunderer a lot. It fires and handles well so a joy to drive.

Associate
I got a Devonshire late last night - after completeing all directives - was having bad luck in the lottery thing until then.

On my first battle I did abysmally (I think that I was too gung ho). perhaps it is a case of some players just getting new ships and unfamiliar with them.

Soldato
nope mine has gone up 0.01% in fact :p

Oddly enough i'm now winning 80% of my games over to past 2 evenings. such an annoying balancing system.

To be honest 1000 coal per day is easily achievable and more if you get lucky with the crates. I need about 80K now for Thunderer. I have also just unlocked Nelson, really enjoying her as long as I keep the bow pointed at the enemy.

Last edited:
Soldato
Yeah I'm just wondering if I should do the same thing. Give how much coal i need I might just make it. Guess Thunder may have to wait.

Just says sooooo much about this game and the poor attitudes of the Devs that instead of nerfing an overpowered ship they just stop people from getting it (but i guess you can still get it out of a loot box).

Soldato
Get the smolensk it's a godly op ship when you don't get deleted.
It's even pretty tanky as that citadel is pretty hard to hit. At least the Mino is a glass canon. I hate the smolensk as I'm primarily a BB player (sometimes I just face tank them to take them out out of spite). I'm sitting on a fair bit of coal and also grinding towards a thunderer. I'm not sure I want to be part of the problem with a smolensk.

Also, I never see you Norks guys online these days, thought you'd abandoned the game. I'm always after clan battles so hit me up next time they're live.

Associate
It's even pretty tanky as that citadel is pretty hard to hit. At least the Mino is a glass canon. I hate the smolensk as I'm primarily a BB player (sometimes I just face tank them to take them out out of spite). I'm sitting on a fair bit of coal and also grinding towards a thunderer. I'm not sure I want to be part of the problem with a smolensk.

Also, I never see you Norks guys online these days, thought you'd abandoned the game. I'm always after clan battles so hit me up next time they're live.

Haha, Yeah it can be trolly tanky at times to when you overpen the smolensk with a BB, I heard they were removing the Jean bart to ?

Soldato
Haha, Yeah it can be trolly tanky at times to when you overpen the smolensk with a BB, I heard they were removing the Jean bart to ?
Really? I never thought the Jean Bart was OP. I don't have one, but I have no trouble killing them and am more likely to worry about a yamato or GK. GK is really nice since the German dispersion change. German is my main line so that suits me just fine.

Associate
Really? I never thought the Jean Bart was OP. I don't have one, but I have no trouble killing them and am more likely to worry about a yamato or GK. GK is really nice since the German dispersion change. German is my main line so that suits me just fine.

Yup,

starting from Update 0.9.3, the following ships will no longer be available in the Armory:

• Soviet cruiser Smolensk, Tier X;

• French battleship Jean Bart, Tier IX;

• Soviet destroyer Neustrashimy, Tier IX;

• American cruiser Flint, Tier VII;

• American destroyer Black, Tier IX.

Soldato
I'm more surprised they are getting rid of the Black tbf. Fairly middle of the road DD. Good but not great. You're more likely to see a rack of shimis on the opposing team

Soldato
Slightly more info, gleamed from WG forum and reddit:

In a nutshell, the Smolensk is broken, and the JB is becoming 'too popular' so they're removing JB, and she might come back via some other means, or just remain as a pay to purchase premium ship.

The Neutra, Flint and Black are getting removed as Steel ships, probably because Steel is so damn difficult to farm and so few of the playerbase bother with it, that it's WG seeing 3 premium ships that they can offer (sometime later) for coal or cold hard cash, which will actually get people to buy them with the resources that people actually have available.

Meanwhile they'll probably offer up some super-amazing Soviet paper drawing of a cruiser as tier 9 and 10 premiums for Steel, and start the cycle over again. :)

Smolensk is indeed filthy, and OP, but a correctly trained up captain is REALLY important. BFT is nice to have, but I'd say Superintendent is more useful as a 1st 3pt skill. If you marry AFT captain skill with reload boost in module slot, you can get 16.6km range, a reload time of 3.6 seconds and stock fire chance of 10%. Ruuuuuuuuuuude.

Soldato
I would guess that you will need to complete it by Tuesday morning.

Just got my first Tier X ship today, Conqueror, and should have unlocked Cunningham to captain her by the end of tomorrow.

Annoying I still need about 13K more coal for Smolensk i think they will pull it before i get to unlock it.

Last edited:
Associate
I would guess that you will need to complete it by Tuesday morning.

Just got my first Tier X ship today, Conqueror, and should have unlocked Cunningham to captain her by the end of tomorrow.

Annoying I still need about 13K more coal for Smolensk i think they will pull it before i get to unlock it.
Have you been doing ranked?
250 steel per rank..

Back
Top Bottom