What "man jobs" have you done today?

Soldato
Doing some electrics in our second bedroom. Spurred a socket upto the loft and trunked it, trunked the light switch cable that had been wallpapered over, and swapped a double socket for the LAP 3.1a usb socket.

Started working on a frame yesterday for a dining table in my spare time at work. 50mm box section, in parts that will be small enough to fit in my small car :D

Soldato
Put some slatted shelving in a cupboard for bedding / towel storage

Bought a sheet of MDF from B&Q

mH5ZS4Vl.jpg

Use the free cutting service to get the board cut into 100mm strips the width of the cupboard and then the offcut into strips the depth of the shelves

Before

qsj8f1Yl.jpg

Prepped and drilled the battens and toggle bolts to use on the plasterboard walls

5CmRZIPl.jpg

Placed and screwed the strips to the shorter strips running front/ back with the strips running the width just resting on the battens

With a bit of twisting and fettling they can be removed in one piece

eAqMZfUl.jpg

Then the second one

gFuAAs7l.jpg

Not bad for £35 of materials and a few hours work

Soldato

The cutting service saved me hours and got a lot better cuts than I could have got at home (not that I could have got the sheer home without it being cut :eek:)

Also worth the extra 10 mins drive to the bigger B&Q with the service over my more local store :D

Soldato
Fixed one of the toilets which 50% of the time wasn't finishing flushing properly (it would flush but wouldn't cut off refilling properly causing it to run). Only managed to spray water over myself once in the process.

Soldato
Finally got chance to paint the other side of the double height walls in the hall / landing and the ground floor hall. Some areas need a second coat and some more filling ) sanding to do before I start on the woodwork with gloss .....

HQgC1TJl.jpg

svTU5TDl.jpg

Wrx7G9vl.jpg

mQHuLzvl.jpg
ZT9usLPl.jpg

N85QvCPl.jpg

The brown carpet is going at some point and either sand and stain the floorboards or to be replaced by LVT

Soldato
Got some loose fence posts, poor ground, so put in some secondary posts and cross beams to strengthen them up before tomorrow’s storm. Used post hammer so got a good arm workout

Soldato
Got around to cleaning this wall thoroughly, applied filler where necessary, waited for it to dry, sanded down by hand (never doing this again), cleaned again to ensure free of dust and then applied 2 coats of a primer and undercoat as we are changing the colour from white to a dark blue shade. Will put up pictures tomorrow.

Soldato
Did a quick fix of my bath side panel as it comes loose when the door is closed too quickly or when its windy and i have the bathroom window open with some Velcro! Going to be making an adjustment to the thermostatic valve on my shower today. Bought a screwdriver yesterday but the end was too flat so couldn't grip the screw head properly. Another one bought today so hopefully that'll sort it out. Don't fancy too many more cooler showers.

Soldato
Replaced a 9 year old leaky bar mixer shower & riser.

Hadn't bothered cleaning it the last few weeks as it was getting changed anyway :p

4Y2594Wl.jpg

Triton Benito - £80 + 30 minutes.

2hmiYyal.jpg

Associate
Well not today (yesterday) started to remove the chimney breast in the living room.

Basically gas fire/thermalite blocks/dot and dabbed.

Of the four joists spanning over the breast the middle two did not sit on the inner leaf like the rest. They rested on the breast.

So first job was to Support these before removing the breast. So I trimmed both joists, placed a piece of C24 acting as a bearer in situ (6 x M12 bolts resin fixed to the inner leaf) and 2 x Strongtie hoist hangers.

I still have a ceiling this morning however work stops play today so block bashing resumes tomorrow.

Also never used resin fixings before. Quite impressed.

Also the Mrs ain’t too happy as she drops sproggo numero 3 in 5 weeks!!

Back
Top Bottom