What film did you watch last night?

Caporegime
Birth of the Dragon

Missable fictionalised Bruce Lee origin story. The fight scenes are decent but also unfaithful to Lee's style, and the mythologising of Kung Fu goes against everything Lee seems to have believed.

There's worse ways to spend an hour and a half 5/10

Soldato
I thought Bale was excellent in Ford v Ferrari but Damon's character was pretty generic. It made me look back at Matt Damon's career and I think he peaked between Good Will Hunting and the first Bourne film.

Associate
Just saw Underwater. As a massive horror fan of which my favorite sub category is definitely creature features, I really enjoyed it.

Most surprising was Kristen Steward's role in the film.
For a february film it was really good. Straight to the point and non of today's symbolical ****..

A very surprising, but solid 7/10

Caporegime
Little women. 8/10

The latest version.

Didn't really want to go see it but as an Oscar nominated film we had to see it before tomorrow :p

It's actually entertaining, some fantastic characters and acting for an American period drama. Emma Watson is a wooden horse as usual, but the others top notch. I thought I'd die of boredom but ... I lived

If 1917 doesn't win best picture, I'd hope this does.

Caporegime

Wow...just wow.

This one really really stands out in so many ways from the cinematography to the tension to the music to the acting...just...everything. This is a film which will stand out for many years to come and I cannot wait to revisit it in the future as well. The end scene and music stuck with me so much after the end that in the car on the way home I began to well up :(

Soldato
Birds of Prey 8/10.

I like Harley Quinn, from the cartoons as I don’t read comic books, and thought she was the best thing about Suicide Squad. Also Margot Robbie AND Mary Elizabeth Winstead.

Also first time at my local Cinemas since they started the upgrade to Luxe Recliner seats and it’s so much better now. Couldn’t have a few beers before going in as I’d doze off.

Soldato
Colour out of space 6/10
Wow, what did I just watch? HP Lovecraft adaption with Nicholas Cage, really warped, weird and messed up. Not quite sure what to make of it to be honest. Worth a watch for something different though.

Caporegime
Uncut Gems

This movie was so odd. Its hard to say. Its not an enjoyable movie, but at the same time I couldn't take my eyes from the screen. Adam Sandlers performance was just incredible

The main character is infuriating. The movie is outright stressful to watch. Everytime he makes one bad decision he then follows it up with an even worse one. Its just...mind boggling.

Well well worth a watch :)

Associate
Bahubali (Netflix)

I was watching a video on YouTube about SFX in films.This one was about "Bollywood" films (although this film isn't actually "Bollywood").

This particular scene involved an army using palm trees as catapults firing men over castle walls. Although a bit far-fetched, the CGI involved was really well done.

Mentioned it to a co-worker (who happened to be from India) and he said "Oh that's Bahubali 2 - one of my favourite films".

Found the first and second films on Netflix so decide to watch the first (went with the English dubbed version - which was done really well).

Was pleasantly surprised. Entertaining all the way through. The CGI was a little ropey in places (the avalanche escape scene looked like a 3 year old had done it) but overall, better than a lot of films I have seen recently. And done on a budget most Hollywood films would use for catering!

Looking forward to watching the second one.

Highly recommended!

8/10.

Associate
Uncut Gems

This movie was so odd. Its hard to say. Its not an enjoyable movie, but at the same time I couldn't take my eyes from the screen. Adam Sandlers performance was just incredible

The main character is infuriating. The movie is outright stressful to watch. Everytime he makes one bad decision he then follows it up with an even worse one. Its just...mind boggling.

Well well worth a watch :)

I watched that the other day I completely agree with you it was very frustrating to watch and the silly 80s Hollywood soundovers was terrible but yet I loved it and it was a good movie, go figure

I did just watch papillon the remake from a couple years back and that was a fantastic movie I’d definitely recommend that if you like prison movies

Soldato
Two classics over the weekend.

See no Evil, Hear No Evil - Gene Wilder and Richard Prior in a late 80's caper about a blind man and a deaf man teaming up to prove their innocence. 4/5

We're The Millers - Fake family assemble to transport a good deal of drugs into the USA from Mexico, hilarity ensues. Jennifer Aniston was very good but Will Poulter stole the show. 4/5

Back
Top Bottom