Metro: Exodus [E3 2017]

Caporegime
You’re swaying me with the RT. I really want try it. Especially with the new GTA RT mods that have come out.

I have a Freesync, but G-Sync compatible monitor, so it should play nice with the adaptive sync shouldn’t it?

Yeah should do, my FreeSync monitor (BenQ EX3501R) works fine, got every G-Sync option on/ticked, and having no problems at all, working great :)

Soldato
Been playing this on Game Pass the past few evenings. Just finishing Caspian.

It looks very nice, and I thought the Volga level was great for atmosphere. It made for a tense and claustrophic experience, even with it being a decent sized map. The need to avoid confrontation due to resource scarcity made me play very cautiously (on hard difficulty). The weather, desolation and anomalies all added to the post-apocalyptic feeling.

I found the mutant ambushes really tiresome in Caspian, though. Since I couldn't fire a normal weapon without bringing a horde of humanimals and other mutants down on me, I spent a lot of time backpedalling with my Tikhar or just "quick" loading. I have seen far more of the (painfully slow) loading screen than I'd like on this level.

Quite enjoying stealthing around the bandit bases, but hoping the next level offers a change of pace (and an end to those overly-common cheap ambush tactics).

Last edited:

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Massive upgrade, im running this on Ultra, with Ultra RT, and its running faster than what my 64 ran it, on only High.

I'm eyeing up a 2070 at the moment as a purchase in the new year and this has sounded impressive. Metro 2033 was a nice running game on my 980 vanilla back in the day with high/ultra mix but at 1440p and minimal AA, so if a 2070 runs Exodus at 3440x1440 with ultra settings then that will sort my gaming needs out nicely and also prep me for HL: Alyx once I get some VR stuff bought mid next year.

I won't be buying Exodus until I've got the GPU upgrade though. It's been ages on the 980, had it since launch and has been a workhorse through that time.

Soldato
I'm eyeing up a 2070 at the moment as a purchase in the new year and this has sounded impressive. Metro 2033 was a nice running game on my 980 vanilla back in the day with high/ultra mix but at 1440p and minimal AA, so if a 2070 runs Exodus at 3440x1440 with ultra settings then that will sort my gaming needs out nicely and also prep me for HL: Alyx once I get some VR stuff bought mid next year.

I won't be buying Exodus until I've got the GPU upgrade though. It's been ages on the 980, had it since launch and has been a workhorse through that time.

It is a great looking game!

By turns really atmospheric and really frustrating, though. When it all clicks I'm finding it a really good gaming experience overall.

Caporegime

Yeah it runs fantastic on Ultra, was surprised i could have the RT on Ultra too, what with everyone saying its a crippler, the 2s just can't run it etc... :D

Soldato
Does anyone know if they ever fixed the RTX washed out issue? I'd love to give this a second chance, I just don't want to waste my money and end up having to refund again.

Soldato
Releases on steam this month. I’m not excited for some reason. Am I missing out?

I feel the same, was pretty excited for it and may have picked it up on launch but then the EGS stuff happened which killed any initial hype for me... but since then everything I've seen and heard of it makes it look like they've done that typical thing where they take a quite interesting and unique game series and smush it gradually more through the "generic shooter game" mold until it's bland and samey (similar to what EA did to Dead Space over time). So hats off to Epic I guess for saving me some money :p

Associate
Hi all,

I was hoping someone might be able to help me as ive just finished Metro Exodus.

I bought the DLC a few days ago via the Epic store, its sitting there in Epic launcher app but i cant install it. When im in my library the DLC is showing but nothing is happening... its not downloading. If i click on the three dots, manage DLC "The two Colonels" click the blue button to on but nothing is downloading or installed.

I've run the game, looked in the chapter section but DLC locked. What am i doing wrong does anyone know?!

Cheers!

Soldato
everything I've seen and heard of it makes it look like they've done that typical thing where they take a quite interesting and unique game series and smush it gradually more through the "generic shooter game" mold until it's bland and samey (similar to what EA did to Dead Space over time). So hats off to Epic I guess for saving me some money
Yeah this is nonsense. Exodus is best of the series by far. Most interesting and varied environments to explore, best writing in the series and insanely beautiful graphics, particularly with RTX. It is also twice as long as Last Light, and I enjoyed every second.

One thing I would nitpick is Artyom still not being given a physical voice during the game, that grated on me.

metroexodus_2019_03_1y3kz0.png

412020_20190320173741gnknr.png

NSFW:

412020_20190320180550a0kyt.png

Last edited:
Soldato
Yeah this is nonsense. Exodus is best of the series by far. Most interesting and varied environments to explore, best writing in the series and insanely beautiful graphics, particularly with RTX. It is also twice as long as Last Light, and I enjoyed every second.

One thing I would nitpick is Artyom still not being given a physical voice during the game, that grated on me.

That's great to hear! Maybe I will still check it out in that case. I suspect it's the usual thing of dramatic reviews that trash the game get more clicks :)

Back
Top Bottom