Motorsport Off Topic Thread

Soldato
I think it looks pretty good, a million miles better than the drabness of last years effort.

Let's hope they don't get involved with idiotic sponsors and sort the tyre wear issues out.

Soldato
McLaren have gone matte this year too. Seems to be the latest trend.

It's going to be a dull year for car unveilings. There's no real regulation changes and no major sponsor changes, apart from Alpha Tauri, so everything's pretty much going to look the same as last year.

The matte paint seems odd to me as you expect glossy to be slippery'er? (Obviously i am no expert obviously and there's probably a reason for it or they wouldn't do it but it just feels counter intuitive.I guess there could be weight saving/re-distribution due to no lack of gloss layer on the paint over actual car slipperyness?

Yeah, next year will be far more exciting just for the cars looking different. :cool:

Associate
I hate the raked stance on F1 cars!

The pressure on Lewis this year will be intensified. Not only the pressure of beating the younger generation; the expectation on beating Michael's records.

You read the usual bravado stories from other drivers and yet they not been in a situation where they are fighting for a WDC.

Lewis drove like a wiley old fox last year, a class act and will continue to hold his own. :)

Soldato
I hate the raked stance on F1 cars!

The pressure on Lewis this year will be intensified. Not only the pressure of beating the younger generation; the expectation on beating Michael's records.

You read the usual bravado stories from other drivers and yet they not been in a situation where they are fighting for a WDC. (A record he’d love to have.)

Lewis drove like a wiley old fox last year, a class act and will continue to hold his own. :)

If the RB is any good, there will be pressure on Max too as this is his last year to be youngest ever world champion if I remember rightly.

Soldato
It's only really noticeable when they're not moving. As soon as there's any decent downforce they sit level.
Exactly.

This years Williams and RP are nice and colourful, I like them both.

Edit - The image link doesn't work and is not even viewable when I try editing my post, bizarre.
eLAbb5N

Back
Top Bottom