Winter 2019/2020

Soldato
The Ribble Valley is pretty much under water at the moment. My street is feeling like an island right now as most roads around it are now closed.

Always feel for the Aspinall, they often get hit bad where they're located. The Ribble just broke the year 2000 highest level this dinnertime!

Soldato
~40% of the roof of ours has gone - half of that has ended up on the neighbours lawn some distance away.
I just got back inside from having a look at taking the roof cover off (But it not easy in this wind so I haven't yet)
It taking one hell of a hammering the whole thing is shaking like crazy and the wind strength/speed seems to be getting worst every hour..:(

Dup

Dup

Soldato
Always feel for the Aspinall, they often get hit bad where they're located. The Ribble just broke the year 2000 highest level this dinnertime!

Yeah, although there used to be cross-drains in the carpark until Brunning & Price took over and revamped it all , have to wonder if they kept ample draining. I used to go out cleaning the drains and it would drop quickly enough (I grew up here and my mates grew up in the Aspinall, I used to work there way back when :D). The Aspinall just happens to act a bit of a wall before the river.

All the way back to 2000? I'd have thought Boxing Day 2015 would have trumped that! Used to love this weather back at school (Bowland High) as we couldn't get to school without going over the rivers so they would close the bridges when it got too high. Good times haha

Permabanned
Just received a Tornado warning for Scotland on my phone (was yellow alert/flood alert the other day).

Did a quick Goggle and it seems Essex is also possibly set for a Tornado.

Now only if I could get the lazy neighbours to close the communal doors (front and back) behind them (every single time they come and go, hail rain wind or snow). :mad:

Soldato
Yeah, although there used to be cross-drains in the carpark until Brunning & Price took over and revamped it all , have to wonder if they kept ample draining. I used to go out cleaning the drains and it would drop quickly enough (I grew up here and my mates grew up in the Aspinall, I used to work there way back when :D). The Aspinall just happens to act a bit of a wall before the river.

All the way back to 2000? I'd have thought Boxing Day 2015 would have trumped that! Used to love this weather back at school (Bowland High) as we couldn't get to school without going over the rivers so they would close the bridges when it got too high. Good times haha

I think the station at Low Moor has 2000 as the highest point, at least there at Edisford, you're right at other points oddly the 2015 floods were slightly higher still

Man of Honour
I imagine it's a lot lot worse further up in Yorkshire. Seen videos of things floating down main roads etc on social media htis morning.
One of my team is stuck just north of York - she's been away on a fishing weekend and can't get back at the moment. The lane out of the lake is flooded and blocked with debris, so anyone who stayed over is stuck in for the moment.

Man of Honour
OP
Crazy squall of wind and rain just came in - there is a tree infront of my truck that is like twice the length of my truck high bent over so it is almost touching it :( bit worried.

Rain is weird coming in sideways like machinegun bullets LOL.

Last edited:
Soldato
Crazy squall of wind and rain just came in - there is a tree infront of my truck that is like twice the length of my truck high bent over so it is almost touching it :( bit worried.

Rain is weird coming in sideways like machinegun bullets LOL.

Just seen a Pigeon flying backwards because it couldn't keep up with the wind! :p

Man of Honour
The wind must have changed direction slightly as i've just heard some of my roof tiles shaking...
yet the wind was ~20mph stronger earlier today and all was quiet

Back
Top Bottom