Nice pongs and gorgeous whiffs. The Aftershave thread!

V_R

V_R

Soldato
Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille for me. A lot of scents give me a headache, but his stuff doesnt, and I really like it along with others liking it too, even in the summer.. but I would like to find something else for the summer really, any advice? It sits quite well on me and stays pretty close to the body, but I only put a single spray on quite early so it dies down. Not looking for massive projection for a summer scent. Cheaper stuff 99% of the time gives a headace, more expensive suff usually doesnt, which I put down to more real ingredients Vs petrochemicals, but idk.
As you like TF, Costa Azzurra Acqua, Mandarino di Amalfi or Neroli Portofino Forte would be a good place to start. :)

Caporegime
OP
Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille for me. A lot of scents give me a headache, but his stuff doesnt, and I really like it along with others liking it too, even in the summer.. but I would like to find something else for the summer really, any advice? It sits quite well on me and stays pretty close to the body, but I only put a single spray on quite early so it dies down. Not looking for massive projection for a summer scent. Cheaper stuff 99% of the time gives a headace, more expensive suff usually doesnt, which I put down to more real ingredients Vs petrochemicals, but idk.
I tried a sampler of the Tobacco Vanille. It made me feel sick and I couldn't stand it. Overbearing smell of stale fags. It was only a 5ml sampler and I threw it out. Gross. Worst 'fragrance' I've ever smelled. Nauseating.

Soldato
Considering I walked to work 3 miles or so and crossed a ferry, then through city streets etc and she noticed it in a coffee house... That's major kudos to Perfumer's Choice for no 9 at the £14 it costs. It's the only thing I really wear now on an everyday basis. Probably be my only fragrance really for all occasions.

Just ordered some of this, £7 delivered for 50ml you can't really go wrong.

V_R

V_R

Soldato
I've got NPF and it's lovely but its longevity is disappointing
Yeah sadly it is, good point I'd forgotten about that. The Forte version is a bit better than the stock one but its still not great. Ferrari Bright Neroli is a cheaper option that smells very similar. :)

I tried a sampler of the Tobacco Vanille. It made me feel sick and I couldn't stand it. Overbearing smell of stale fags. It was only a 5ml sampler and I threw it out. Gross. Worst 'fragrance' I've ever smelled. Nauseating.
TV is a bit of a marmite fragrance.

I like the smell of it once its dried down, but I can't/won't wear it.

Soldato
I like the smell of TV but it's more like something I'd want to smell from a scented candle at xmas rather than something I'd wear myself.

In other news Tom Ford have taken one of their really good freshie private blends that was discontinued after a year - Beau De Jour and re-released it as a signature line fragrance, i.e. the same thing they did with Ombre Leather last year. Think I prefer it to the two Fougeres I really enjoyed from the house (D'Argent and Platine).

Soldato
Decided I wanted the edp of baccarat rouge 540 as well, so just placed an order. :) I love the extrait (it’s my favourite fragrance to date, and I don’t see anything topping it)

Soldato
OG Eros? Alternatively give JPG Ultramale a try, it's very similar.

Thanks

Was after something new and looked on Youtube and come across a recent video for spring fragrances. I went with Guerlain L'Homme Ideal I really like the smell and it lasts ages to, I put it on at 5pm last night before work and was out running today and could still smell it.

Soldato
I think ive got a cheap trashy sense of smell ,every time i visit my daughter in oxford i get afew splashes of creed or the other ones recommended {at john Lewis} in this thread but nothing really does it ,but really enjoying the joop i was bought ,i think it is down to my sense of smell tbh ,my nose dosnt sense subtle

Soldato
Thanks

Was after something new and looked on Youtube and come across a recent video for spring fragrances. I went with Guerlain L'Homme Ideal I really like the smell and it lasts ages to, I put it on at 5pm last night before work and was out running today and could still smell it.

the whole l’homme ideal range is fantastic. Nice purchase ! I really like the EDP (pink juice / bottle)

Soldato
the whole l’homme ideal range is fantastic. Nice purchase ! I really like the EDP (pink juice / bottle)

Ye was quite surprised definitely will look at others in the range for the future.

I also watched another video "designer fragrances to set you apart"

and went with Bentley for Men Absolute only £30 for 100ml EDP

Soldato
Ye was quite surprised definitely will look at others in the range for the future.

I also watched another video "designer fragrances to set you apart"

and went with Bentley for Men Absolute only £30 for 100ml EDP

gents scents ? :p £30 for a 100ml is a bargain. Might look into it !

Soldato
Take a look at Mercedes Benz Cologne, can get 120ml for £29 and it smells very nice, it might become my regular work scent.
Which one did you pick up ? I hear a few of them are worth grabbing for the price.

I’m testing a few Amouage and Diptyque at the moment. :) the ones I like most are

amouage - reflection (really digging this one!), overture and jubilation xxv.

diptyque - philosykos edp and tam dao.

Back
Top Bottom