When are you going fully electric?

Soldato
Yep, there are no good options unless you're paying 60k+ yet

I'm running an old Lotus Elise to work and back atm (15 minute commute). It's not losing any value, does around 40mpg, insurance is cheap, looks sexy and can wake the neighbourhood, and it's London ULEZ exempt lols. I'd lose far more buying a EV now than continuing to pay for petrol and road tax.
A lotus Elise isn’t exactly a serious proposition for a daily driver for 90% of people.

Soldato
elise maintenance !, even if depreciation is low The REAL 2010 cost of owning a Lotus Elise 50p/m, not dissimilar to an ev,
plus for a family it's the combined cost with other bigger cars that might have more miles put on them.

[
My Hyundai Ioniq EV comes on Wednesday. Its the Premium SE model.
looks like these have heated rear seats, which if it like kona, means a heat pump for cabin heating ? ... intrigued by their tech
]

Soldato
Theres no point guys. He has a Lotus Elise, a brilliant, but enormously comprimised impractical car, but because he's OK with it on his 15 minute commute, he's how convinced that it's a better proposition as a daily driver than the raft of more suitable EVs, for everyone. You're wasting your breath trying to convince him otherwise.

Associate
Just picked up a Peugeot e208 this week. I was surprised after installing zap map just how many free 7kw chargers there are. I think this might be the best time to go electric with zero tax then grants for the vehicle and home chargers.

mjt

mjt

Soldato
I guess you have no experience of either then...
I have driven an Elise. I have also driven an GT86 from Denmark to Belgium and back in 24 hours.

One was a significantly nicer place to be. I’ll leave that up to you to guess.

I’ll give you a hint- the suspension was horribly bouncy and it had a clock from the 1980s.

Soldato
Oh give over. Unless your GT86 was a stripped-out track tool, you’re completely delusional.

How many years experience do you have with owning and driving an Elise? Just don't base your idea of what level of comfort can be achieved in a lightweight sports car by what Audi or BMW do with a their sports suspension set ups.

Caporegime
How many years experience do you have with owning and driving an Elise? Just don't base your idea of what level of comfort can be achieved in a lightweight sports car by what Audi or BMW do with a their sports suspension set ups.

Have to agree. The suspension in my Boxster is miles better than that in the 640d I had before it. I don't think BMW understand how to do damping properly.

Back
Top Bottom