Your experience with OLED burn-in

Soldato
it's not the amount of years I was just equating it to his time. It takes about 2000 hours of watching cnn in reasonable brightness to get bad burn in

It can happen much earlier, I dont know why you defend it so much. This is why a minimum warranty for burn in, like 3 years would stop the risk of a 'dud panel' as you say. Right now there is no support, just hope the retailer supports you or slog it out in court.

Soldato
It can happen much earlier, I dont know why you defend it so much. This is why a minimum warranty for burn in, like 3 years would stop the risk of a 'dud panel' as you say. Right now there is no support, just hope the retailer supports you or slog it out in court.
My B7 is still fine and I've recently been leaving it on static content as well like SSN. OLED is that good that I've just picked up an XPS 15 laptop with an OLED screen :)

That oled laptops are crazy good, the screens are awesome

Man of Honour
My B7 is still fine and I've recently been leaving it on static content as well like SSN. OLED is that good that I've just picked up an XPS 15 laptop with an OLED screen :)
It's one thing I would love to see on MacBook Pro's but I doubt that will happen for some time yet.

Caporegime
That oled laptops are crazy good, the screens are awesome

It's one thing I would love to see on MacBook Pro's but I doubt that will happen for some time yet.

Yeah it's an absolute joy to use, battery life isn't exceptional but that's more down to the resolution as the 4k touch screen version is about the same.

I really hate using any other panel types now :(

Soldato

Exactly.

Associate
I do watch Bluray but its also a general use TV.
Pretty sure my freeview recorder had options to kill some screen clutter but not used that for years.

Ste

Ste

Soldato
Managed a year now on my b8 65 with no issues. Mixed use, sport, kids tv and lots of netflix. Occasionally gaming although probably less than 100hrs over 12m.

I am resigned to it being an issue eventually but the upside is worth it for me. Man normal panels look washed out once you're used to OLED.

Soldato
Managed a year now on my b8 65 with no issues. Mixed use, sport, kids tv and lots of netflix. Occasionally gaming although probably less than 100hrs over 12m.

I am resigned to it being an issue eventually but the upside is worth it for me. Man normal panels look washed out once you're used to OLED.

my LG C9 is fast approaching 1 year old - purchased in March 2019.

it's got 800 hours of use on it - half of that is games, the other half is Netflix, movies etc and a bit of sports.

So far all in the clear - checked last night and the screens looks exactly like it did a year ago.

Ste

Ste

Soldato
my LG C9 is fast approaching 1 year old - purchased in March 2019.

it's got 800 hours of use on it - half of that is games, the other half is Netflix, movies etc and a bit of sports.

So far all in the clear - checked last night and the screens looks exactly like it did a year ago.

How did you check the hours usage? Or have you estimated?

Caporegime
You'll also be able to tell when your TV has hit the 2000 hour mark as the pixel refresh shift thing will run and tell you before hand as it takes hours to do.

Soldato
I have owned every generation of OLED and not one owner who I have sold it on to on AVforums has came back to say they have screen burn all of which are still active on the forums in the threads of the tv they still own. There is no doubt that if abused you can burn in an OLED but watching it normally it’s unlikely to happen

Caporegime
Love some OLED owners patting themselves on the back that their £2k TV has lasted a year :D

Firstly, £900 for my e7

Secondly 3+ years now

giphy.gif

:D

Back
Top Bottom