Anyone ever had a boiler moved?

Soldato
Hi Guys,

Any chance has anyone ever had a boiler moved?

Currently looking to have a boiler moved from the kitchen to the utility room, as the current boiler has been situated in the middle of the rear wall forcing us to have a tiny oven if we ever want to upgrade.
Gas supply runs through the room, hot and cold water is already in the room, only thing missing is the heating system.

Ironically if this was a industrial environment I would be able to do both the electrical and and gas but as it’s domestic I’m not allowed to sign it off...

Cheers in advance

Soldato
Ive had mine moved from the kitchen to the garage and seemed fairly straight forward, he even made a nice job of cutting the flu hole and managed to use the bricks to replace the old hole. Set me back about £300 from memory.

Soldato
I had mine moved from the dining room to under the stairs, cost about ~£500-700 I think, unsure as it was part of a larger piece of work for the plumber.
Pipework was re-routed under the suspended floor, it was a pretty straightforward job.

Soldato
Ironically if this was a industrial environment I would be able to do both the electrical and and gas but as it’s domestic I’m not allowed to sign it off...

Bizarre isnt it :p

The way this was explained to me some years ago is that this legislation has little to do with safety.

It is all about Homeowners being intimidated into asking for proper paperwork when having jobs done to clamp down on the cash/black economy.

IE it is more about revenue than safety...

Soldato
Bizarre isnt it :p

The way this was explained to me some years ago is that this legislation has little to do with safety.

It is all about Homeowners being intimidated into asking for proper paperwork when having jobs done to clamp down on the cash/black economy.

IE it is more about revenue than safety...

100% believe that.

Soldato
Had our 25yo in above to airing cupboard original boiler replaced and the new one moved into the attic end gable wall.

Pipe work and electricity rerouted, new 22mm gas line put in.

you should have a certificate for the gas installation.

works a treat and less noise.

Last edited:
Associate
Ive had mine moved from the kitchen to the garage and seemed fairly straight forward, he even made a nice job of cutting the flu hole and managed to use the bricks to replace the old hole. Set me back about £300 from memory.
Same for us here, done to accommodate a downstairs toilet, quick and painless.

Soldato
OP

Hi,

Cheers for that. It's nice to have a bit of an idea before going to people

Soldato
We had ours moved 4 years ago from a first floor bedroom cupboard to our kitchen which was more or less directly below. Old pipes etc were the main problem and we needed a new 22mm line put in.

Plumbing was basically redirected to the new position, was a lot more work than I expected though.

Does mean I'm happier knowing there's no boiler in a bedroom though, just never really felt OK with that.

Associate
We had ours moved to the loft space of our converted garage.

The thread can be found here

It basically moved from the room below and cost around £700 and didn't take the plumbers very long. One of the best things we done after moving in.

Back
Top Bottom