** NEW LG MONITORS - INCLUDING 2 EXCLUSIVE TO OCUK!!! **

Associate
According to the RTINGS review it is actually 1cm.
Yeah, just measured and its more towards 1cm. Sorry, I remember taking a measurement before, but I forgot I was only measuring the black boarder around the panel rather than the thicker part of the plastic. :(

Associate
Would you say this monitor is accurate for editing photos casually? Also how sharp is text?

Great. Depending how careful you want to be with colour profiles and what not, the sRGB mode will come in handy.

Are there any other monitors out there using this panel, other than the Viewsonic XG270QG?

Lenovo Y27q-20 (I think?) - Hard to find in the UK
Eve Spectrum - Crowd funded monitor

Associate
Would you say this monitor is accurate for editing photos casually? Also how sharp is text?

A bit sharper than 1080p at 24" if you have that. Colour is good and suitable for photo editing, plus it supports 10-bit colour.

It will fully cover the srgb colour space that the majority of phones, monitors and tvs use. And almost the DCI-P3 colourspace as well.

Uniformity is good. Its only downside being contrast ratio. Which is noticeable to me compared to my Dell, but is not a deal breaker.

Associate
Another question for owners running an Nvidia card; how has G-Sync compatibility been in your experience? Any issues?

No issues so far. Tear free and smooth. Although the damn thing has convinced me to get a 3070 when it comes out. Want to keep my frame rates above the 100 mark..

Associate
Another question for owners running an Nvidia card; how has G-Sync compatibility been in your experience? Any issues?

I have tried g-sync monitors before. And from what I have seen you won't notice anything unless your framerate hits below 48fps as that is where freesync on this monitor stops working. I believe g-sync modules cover the entire frame range.
The only game that really tanks my fps that I play is Monster Hunter World. I tend to lock that to 60fps so far as it fails to maintain above 90fps on a 1080ti with close to ultra settings.

Last edited:
Soldato
No issues so far. Tear free and smooth. Although the damn thing has convinced me to get a 3070 when it comes out. Want to keep my frame rates above the 100 mark..

I have tried g-sync monitors before. And from what I have seen you won't notice anything unless your framerate hits below 48fps as that is where freesync stops working. I believe g-sync modules cover the entire frame range.
The only game that really tanks my fps that I play is Monster Hunter World. I tend to lock that to 60fps so far as it fails to maintain 90fps on a 1080ti with close to ultra settings.

Good info, thanks guys. I think this will be the panel for me. Hopefully availability will have improved when I'm ready to buy in 6 weeks or so.

Associate
Good info, thanks guys. I think this will be the panel for me..

My partically panel is very close to perfect. It has a tiny bit of glow that isnt located in the corner and no backlight bleed at all. I was personally tempted to wait for the 2020 4k 27" model which comes out in like July/August but I couldnt wait that long.
Also I would need to fork out for a newer gpu at that point to maintain a good framerate so its cheaper to game at 1440p.

Very happy with this monitor atm. Almost perfect. minus contrast.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Mine arrives today, I'll be hooking it up to my work laptop until I put together a new build.

Need to decide whether to go for a cheaper GPU now and then swap to the newer GPUs in the summer or just get a 2070 Super now.

Associate
I replaced my Asus vg248qe (24" 1080p 144Hz Tn) with the LG 27gl850 and I'm blown away by how dark and colourful everything is! I'm very happy! I'm actually having the get used to it.
is that a 1440? I have been hearing good things about LG monitors recently and currently on the look out for a 32" 16:9 widescreen curved with a refresh around 100 to 144hz.

Associate
Hi all, would the LG 27gl850 monitor be better than my 3xsamsung 2443 monitors for contrast as these are tnt panals to, would the LG have darker blacks than a samsung TNT ?. The dells also have a 400:1 extra contrast compaired to the LG monitors and the dells are ips to.

I am trying to decide what to get as i play the odd game and maybe more in the future and do photoshop stuff and desktop work. I would like a good upgrade to what i have now.

also why is this model just on this site ? as the other model has a not so good backlight as i am suprised LG dont sell these in other places as OCUK never have them in.

thanks

Last edited:
Associate
Took delivery of three 27GL850-B the other day. Obviously this means I am 3 times more likely to lose the panel lottery. The things I was expecting to be good are good, in fact better than good (no dead pixels for example!).

There are a number of negatives however, some I can live with or workaround and some I can't, but I am interested in other people's feedback so far as I stuggled to find a lot of people's impressions on this thread as it seems more pre-sales and delivery focused.

Here are some of the niggles/issues I have:
  • The power adaptor (monitor to transformer) has the shortest cable I have come across for any device. I have had to put boxes on the floor to allow the transformer to sit flat as the cable just wouldn't reach the monitors on my desk. I have a standard ikea desk of normal height. (Another workaround: I may have to get an underdesk cable tidy rack and put the transformers in there).
  • The stands are so flimsy and cheap that the monitor(s) wobble at the slightest desk movement (Workaround: I may need to buy a VESA monitor arm which will solve this).
  • I have noticed that most scarlet reds appear more pinky than I was used to. I'll get used to this I guess but I hope it doesn't affect colour editing too badly in Photshop or Premiere which I have yet to try.
  • IPS Glow is very apparent from certain angles but as I am sitting fairly straight on most of the time I think it's liveable with.
  • From a backlight bleed perspective this is where the main issue lies. One of the monitors is pretty good in that respect so I call that a panel lottery win. One of the others is leaking a bit on the top edge but as I mainly use that monitor for work related stuff (Excel etc.) the mmonitor is usually displaying white or webpages so I think I can live with it. Let's call that one a panel lottery draw :) The 3rd one however is really bad with a bright leak coming from the bottom edge about 2 inches in from the right edge. Now on majority of backgrounds I don't notice it but as soon as you go black you can and of course like a blemish on anything once you can see you can't unsee it and you will always look for it. The problem is really noticeable when watching a 21:9 movie as the glow at the bottom is always noticeable.
I'll keep testing/feeding back over the next few days before my returns window expires and advise on what I decide to do.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom