Heathrow airport landing live

Soldato
Landed at Manchester this afternoon after a flight from Dusseldorf on a Flybe turboprop plane. Pretty hairy landing but hats off to the pilot for a job well done. :cool:

Associate
I flew from Berlin straight into a storm, lightening strike, I swore lightening struck the wingtip, no announcement or drama! The other time, fog - could not see the wingtip which is rather disconcerting.

For the passengers on these flights, it must be a hell of experience, especially for nervous sods like me. Whenever I get twitchy on a flight, I simply remind myself of bomber crews; it must have been terrifying.

Absolute admiration to the pilots & crew in these cases. Pilots are trained to bring in a sideways, touch and go, hard touch downs etc. Still; You can imagine passengers - the panic if an overhead bursts open. The P taken with on-board carry-on's these days is scary!

Last edited:
Soldato
Landed at Manchester this afternoon after a flight from Dusseldorf on a Flybe turboprop plane. Pretty hairy landing but hats off to the pilot for a job well done. :cool:

I did a turbo prop over wing trip from Denmark to Karlskrona in Sweden but hoping along the small air strips along the coast.. in this gale winds.. the plane was being thrown around in final approach.. kudos to the pilot she got us down in one piece but the plane getting to land I think as more a case of a gap in the gusts that were causing the plane to drop and climb all over the place. The stewardess looked relieved to be on the ground. Only about 5 of us in the plane making it worse!

Back
Top Bottom