Mercedes C220 Bluetec Estate

Associate
Have had a C220 estate for the last couple of months with 90k miles and love it; however due to the mileage I was thinking of giving it a tune up... I've seem companies do mobile carbon clean and remaps

Are these any good and are there any recommendations in the Birmingham area?

Soldato
do an annual carbon clean on our taxis definitely makes a difference but ours are doing anywhere between 50/100k per year

and yes get it mapped you'll notice a huge difference, (i assume its the 170bhp bluetec c220? should see 45bhp and 70 lbs/ft from a map

Associate
OP
do an annual carbon clean on our taxis definitely makes a difference but ours are doing anywhere between 50/100k per year

and yes get it mapped you'll notice a huge difference, (i assume its the 170bhp bluetec c220? should see 45bhp and 70 lbs/ft from a map

Yeah thats the one; sounds a good gain from a remap. Company in Worcester called Ace Remaps have sounded good so may give them a call for it.

Caporegime

Is it perhaps the type of driving your taxis do that brings benefit from carbon cleaning?

I asked when I took my truck for its inspection on Friday if Scania ever recommended carbon cleaning and he said they don’t and he couldn’t remember having dealt with a DPF issue either, even on trucks that live in city traffic as I image most of your taxis do ...?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom