*** Official Elder Scrolls MMO Thread ***

Soldato
Look Nord DK tank was very very common combination for 5 years. I bet the significant majority who plays since 2014 has a Nord or Imperial DK Tank.

Well, of course, because if you wanted to be a tank, a Nord, Imperial or Orc DK were the best options. But, even back then the numbers of tanks were completely dwarfed by the number of DPS characters, more often than not the Tank position in groups were filled by Templars. Tanks were hard to find when grouping. That was back in 2014/2015, and it seems that it hasn't changed. Everything that I have read before coming back to the game says that Tanks are very hard to find. No waiting time if you are Tank, small waiting time if you are healer, long waiting time if you are DPS.

But, I didn't pick the Nord DK for rarity or anything like that. I picked it because I have 4 other ALTs from before and DK was the one that I hadn't tried. So it was a chance to start the game with something completely different for me.

Soldato
Well, of course, because if you wanted to be a tank, a Nord, Imperial or Orc DK were the best options. But, even back then the numbers of tanks were completely dwarfed by the number of DPS characters, more often than not the Tank position in groups were filled by Templars. Tanks were hard to find when grouping. That was back in 2014/2015, and it seems that it hasn't changed. Everything that I have read before coming back to the game says that Tanks are very hard to find. No waiting time if you are Tank, small waiting time if you are healer, long waiting time if you are DPS.

But, I didn't pick the Nord DK for rarity or anything like that. I picked it because I have 4 other ALTs from before and DK was the one that I hadn't tried. So it was a chance to start the game with something completely different for me.

:)

Soldato
But you are also kind of right. I only level 9 now and am already looking for ways to do more damage rather than tank!!

Yeah that's the sucky thing a out having a tank as your main, playing solo just means killing enemies in solo play is much longer. IMO tank is great as an alternate character as all your champion points transfer and all characters will add to champion point pool and getting to level 50 is easier as you seem to get so many experience scrolls thrown at you.

Soldato
Yeah that's the sucky thing a out having a tank as your main, playing solo just means killing enemies in solo play is much longer. IMO tank is great as an alternate character as all your champion points transfer and all characters will add to champion point pool and getting to level 50 is easier as you seem to get so many experience scrolls thrown at you.

Might focus on damage for a few levels and respec into a tank build later on in the game.

Soldato
Broke down yesterday and subscribed to ESO plus. The crafting bag makes such a difference to your enjoyment of the game. Trying to juggle mats and items with traits for crafting was a nightmare for me. I am a hoarder. So I am going nuts at the moment gathering everything I can find. Will subscribe for a month, by then I should have a better handle on the game and might be able to live without the crafting bag.

Soldato
Broke down yesterday and subscribed to ESO plus. The crafting bag makes such a difference to your enjoyment of the game. Trying to juggle mats and items with traits for crafting was a nightmare for me. I am a hoarder. So I am going nuts at the moment gathering everything I can find. Will subscribe for a month, by then I should have a better handle on the game and might be able to live without the crafting bag.

It will get worse :p

Crafting bag becomes more invaluable as you go along as you get different materials for different levels and as you rank up, so your wood for example comes in 10 different versions as you level up, and similar for enchanting, potion solvents, metal etc. Also ideal as you get access anywhere and if you have alternate characters, they all share the same bag and store to the same bag. Shame they don't have the bag as a seperate item IMO from ESO+, but am sure they crunched the numbers and realise that is one of the biggest draws IMO.

Can do without, by having alts and maxing carry capacity via horse riding, maxing bank / alts with bags etc. But even then ESO+ will double bank capacity.

Soldato
I just buy a 3 month sub, play it to death and then go away and play/finish some of my many steam games. My current sub finishes next month so I'll go away and come back later in the year and play the new content, I've only just finished going around elsweyr.

I tried living without the bag but the mats soon fill your bank and characters up, for me it's the main thing I sub for.

Soldato
@Radox-0 , @zom247 , don't tell me that guys!! :p

I was hoping when I got to know the game better I would be able to do without the crafting bag, but it looks like I will need it more than ever later in the game!!

Thought there would be something good in the crown store, but, nothing there only overpriced rubbish for the most part. 1700 crowns doesn't go far at all.

Soldato
Yeah mostly cosmetic and aesthetic stuff, buying homes etc in there aside the DLC option.

Some good options though are the coffers, other way to get them is through writs which you get much later, but the coffers can be used as storage in your home. I believe you get a free home part way through the game for free which is just a room in a inn, but can throw a 30 slot coffer in there for items in addition to your bag and inventory.

Associate
If you sit on your crowns until next time imperial city goes on sale there's a number of storage chests available from the Tel Var merchant.

It'll be a grind to get that many stones, but if you really want to avoid ESO plus, either alts (probably one devoted to each skill line) or a lot of storage are the only really viable ways to go.

Soldato
So won't be able to start downloading until after 5pm? hmmm, It might be Wednesday before it's properly playable again. Hope the changes are worth the wait

Yup as per dan's post, can download it now, just unlikely be able to launch the game itself however until the server side changes are all completed. May be they are done earlier then 5pm though!

The package itself looks to be half the size which is good however, 53 GB.

Soldato
You can start the download now.

Yup as per dan's post, can download it now, just unlikely be able to launch the game itself however until the server side changes are all completed. May be they are done earlier then 5pm though!

The package itself looks to be half the size which is good however, 53 GB.

Thanks guys, I started the download around 11:30, will hopefully be finished before the servers go live.

Back
Top Bottom