Lexus CT200h MPG?

Capodecina
Soldato
OP
what running costs?

lexus's are one of the most reliable cars you can buy.
. . .
I wouldn't question the reliability of ther CT200h, it is after all basically a Toyota - I don't know, perhaps Lexus servicing at an approved dealership is cheap as chips?

I can't say that the Honest John link supplied by @MrPotato enthuses me:
Poor ride and handling. Slow performance. Lack of any driving pleasure.
. . .
The problems arise once you leave traffic-laden streets and head to open roads. Here the CT 200h fails to impress with sluggish performance and poor steering.
. . .
On the motorway it's slightly better but it lacks in-gear performance and if you're heavy with your right foot, fuel consumption quickly drops.

Caporegime
I wouldn't question the reliability of ther CT200h, it is after all basically a Toyota - I don't know, perhaps Lexus servicing at an approved dealership is cheap as chips?

I can't say that the Honest John link supplied by @MrPotato enthuses me:

poor ride is from big alloys and lowered suspension

buy one with small alloys if that is an issue or change the alloys once you buy.

slow performance is people not understanding the car has 3 modes. eco = dog slow, normal = normal, sport = fast.

steering for me is fine. as for fuel consumption dropping i've noticed zero difference tbh between all the modes as it still uses the battery in all 3 modes.

Soldato
Eco uses more battery power. Perfect for stand still traffic as throttle sensitivity is reduced dramatically. You can potter about in it local town traffic but it is very boring.

Normal uses mixture of battery and engine. Throttle sensitivity is normal. You can use battery on normal mode by lifting off the throttle and it’ll revert to it and just gentle input on the throttle to keep it there.

Sport uses the engine. Hyper sensitive throttle, great for getting away from the lights. Also steering gets heavier.

Soldato
Lol I wouldn't believe that review from mr potatoes, and I've never driven one

The ct200 is an eco car, not a hot hatch or sports car , so I wont have the performance and handling

The “F Sport” isn’t sporty at all. Looks sporty, doesn’t really drive sporty. It has body roll in the corners, the ride is somewhat firm but nothing like it’s been stated in reviews. BMW M sport cars ride harder imo.

The car does its job. It’s a boring hybrid with some creature comforts and it’s good on fuel.

You can’t have it all.

Soldato
Its as far away as you can get from a performance car. But that isnt what its for.

Its a Prius, but without the uber driver image.

Last edited:
Caporegime
i drive a car that does 0-60 in less than 5 seconds.

the wife drives the lexus ct200h and in sport mode. i wouldn't exactly call it sluggish.

no it's not a mini cooper S or a golf R but it's certainly not gutless.

put it this way i had 2 women in the back a few weeks back asking me to slow down as the wife had asked me to drop her and her mates off at a party. they were impressed by it's speed.

also sport uses the battery it's not engine only. eco tries hardest to use battery when it can and as a result there is reduced power unless you floor the accelerator.

normal = normal response like a normal car.

sport actually pins you back and the accelerator is very responsive. you get access to all the power straight away.

as i said before it's not a cooper s, but it isn't dog slow if used in sport mode either. in eco mode then i fully agree. it's completely gutless and would be horrible if that was it's normal mode with no way to change it.

Associate
my real world mpg is between 48 and 52mpg from november to april with 16" pirelli winter tyres. my summer mpg is between 54 & 56mpg with 17" alloys with falken ze310s. It used to be 54 - 59mpg on goodyear efficent grip. better fuel economy rating on the tyres.

I just leave it in normal mode, dont bother switching let the car do its thing.

Air con is on all the time and heated seats used in winter. all on sainsbury/tesco fuel. using vpower etc doesnt make a massive difference do the efficiency of the atkinson engine.

Drving is all town, a roads and dual carriage way at the speed limit. on longer journeys from stratford on avon to watford at the speed limit I usually see 52-55mpg in winter and 56 - 60mpg in summer.

to get the best on motorway/long runs you need to learn the coast and glide method with the car. My tyre pressures are also set 3psi higher all year round which will make a slight difference. any more than that and the ride is awful and increased tyre wear happens.

wheel alignment and tyre pressure is one on the biggest killers of mpg. the next is the calliper sliders seizing due to lack of strip down at dealer servicing - I lost approx 10% when this happened. egr valve issue will also hit the mpg by 10%.

If you sit at 80mphg on dual carriageway/motorway etc then the mpg drops off quickly after this.

Check what oil the dealer/servicing outlet has used. they are meant to use 0w20 oil but a lot of garages will use a more common 5w30 which again has a impact on mpg

Alex

Alex

Back
Top Bottom