Phillip Schofield comes out as gay

Soldato
Conspiracy theories starting about Phil, that he's been going with underage boys for a long time, part of the elite cult and in process of being exposed hence coming out on air. Similar to Rolf Harris.

It does make sense as most people scratching their heads about this all.

I genuinely wouldn't have thought this about Phil, that he's possiblity lived this sinister double life but yet again it goes to show that deception is so, well... deceptive.

Caporegime
That doesn't negate what you said, try as you might to attempt to justify it. The simple fact of the matter is that anyone who thinks "no one actually has cared about someone being gay since the 90s" doesn't know what the **** they're talking about.
"No one" is a figure of speech.

You're probably well aware that there will *never* be a time where literally nobody has a problem with gay people.

If you're setting the bar at "everybody will accept us", you're going to be disappointed.

And that problem is far from exclusive to gay people.

Permabanned
"No one" is a figure of speech.

Even if he was using it as a figure of speech, it's the dumbest possible use for it in this regard.

You're probably well aware that there will *never* be a time where literally nobody has a problem with gay people.

That's exactly what I'm saying.

If you're setting the bar at "everybody will accept us", you're going to be disappointed.

I'm not setting any bar. I'm pointing out that bigotry still exists against gay people in this country.

And that problem is far from exclusive to gay people.

Never said it wasn't. However the conversation was about gay people.

Soldato
That doesn't negate what you said, try as you might to attempt to justify it. The simple fact of the matter is that anyone who thinks "no one actually has cared about someone being gay since the 90s" doesn't know what the **** they're talking about.

The veneer of social acceptability for Homosexuality is really very thin (As it is for other LBGT issues too for that matter)

It would be interesting indeed to see what the true level of acceptability would be should the legally protected status and heavy media and state organised propaganda promoting its normalisation be stripped away..

Soldato
It's a shame people get so opinionated about other people's lives. It has zero impact on anyone other than his close family. His family seem mature enough to be accepting of the fact.

How people lead their lives is up to them. It's not as if his family have had to deal with an abusive violent and controlling father / husband.

Even this thread is evidence that coming out could never be easy. Even moreso when you are in the public spotlight. The Gordon the gopher pictures and gay jokes / slang terms just show how there is a large homophobic mindset to contend with.

Soldato
I'm pretty sure they might have had a chat or two about it before hand ;)
You don't think he just strolled out one morning and decided to do aTV announcement on a whim, do you?
I think hes probably been caught with his hands down some boys pants and has got ahead of it all by coming out. At the end of the day hes doing what they all do, big old drama over making their identity "gay" when nobody actually gives a damn anyway.

Associate
Conspiracy theories starting about Phil, that he's been going with underage boys for a long time, part of the elite cult and in process of being exposed hence coming out on air. Similar to Rolf Harris.

It does make sense as most people scratching their heads about this all.

I genuinely wouldn't have thought this about Phil, that he's possiblity lived this sinister double life but yet again it goes to show that deception is so, well... deceptive.

Thats an awful and terribly homophobic.

Listening to various commentators they think there is more to come on this.

It seems that they believe the coming out part has only two likely reasons.

1. He is about to enter into a relationship.
2. He has been in one and it is shortly going to be exposed.

Listening to Steve Allen on LBC he says its been common knowledge in the entertainment industry for decades. He claims the wife knew before the wedding. I am not sure of his sources but he was quite convincing and made logical sense.

He also said he knew personally of at least one other on the morning tv shows in a similar situation.

Steve Allen is openly gay and of the older broadcaster generation. Quite entertaining and down to earth.

Soldato
It's a shame people get so opinionated about other people's lives. It has zero impact on anyone other than his close family. His family seem mature enough to be accepting of the fact.

This really.

Can't believe this thread has hit 350 replies based on something that has no impact to anyone on here.

Permabanned
Comes out as gay and within a week there are people saying he's part of an elite cult of paedos similar to rolf harris.

Christ

He is Baal the elite Jews put him on tv to come out and reveal himself, The young boys were only sacrificial to maintain his flesh illusion. Soon after Gino is sacrificed he will be strong enough to really come out in demon form and impregnate holly therfore he and his seed will rule the earth for eternity.

:D

Soldato
He is Baal the elite Jews put him on tv to come out and reveal himself, The young boys were only sacrificial to maintain his flesh illusion. Soon after Gino is sacrificed he will be strong enough to really come out in demon form and impregnate holly therfore he and his seed will rule the earth for eternity.

:D
I would rather watch that than this morning.

fez

fez

Caporegime
The Gordon the gopher pictures and gay jokes / slang terms just show how there is a large homophobic mindset to contend with.

You see this is part of the problem. People are having a laugh and other people get offended by it because the subject is someone who is gay.

What about when a footballer misses a sitter or smacks it 20 foot over the bar from 10 foot out. You get the videos cut of it leaving the atmosphere and hitting something in space. Its a joke, get over it. Far too many people in the world have lost their sense of humour when it comes to any group that is considered victimised. Most of these things aren't done to be nasty, they are done for a laugh. What if it was a gay man making the jokes? Is that still homophobic.

Maybe we need to push the reset button and stop being judge, jury and executioner whenever anyone says something we can take out of context and become offended by.

Soldato
It seems that they believe the coming out part has only two likely reasons.

1. He is about to enter into a relationship.
2. He has been in one and it is shortly going to be exposed.
From what I had read he came out as he was seeing a This Morning runner and things didn't end smoothly and said runner was going to 'out' him.

Soldato
From what I had read he came out as he was seeing a This Morning runner and things didn't end smoothly and said runner was going to 'out' him.

Probably fits in well with Amanda Holdens snipe about things being very different behind closed doors. Which leads me to think maybe his "wife" knew all along, because if this sort of thing suddenly came out with no prior knowledge I doubt any women alive would somehow not feel betrayed, specially after nearly 3 decades of marriage.

Back
Top Bottom