Useful Overclocking Applications

Soldato
Afterburner can do on screen monitoring, graphs in the background and logging to files. I like the latter two.

For real-time FPS monitoring I just set Steam to put on the overlay in a corner.

Associate
Fantastic link list to the a collection of software! In trying to reduce the shear amount of applications to download and test, is there a recommended basic list of safe go-to applications, be it for testing Temperatures, Voltages and Clock Speeds etc, and some for testing performance? Your help is appreciated, thank you!

Soldato
Hi everyone

After a very long break from the forum and overlocking etc, being in lockdown, decided it was time to game a bit more and re-kindle my interest

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/foru...-3000mhz-more-for-499-99-270-saving.18758178/

Had the above setup with Team Group Elite 8GB (2x4GB) DDR4 PC4-19200C16 2400MHz Duall Channel RAM.

Treated myself to some 2x16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4 3200MHz. Probably overkill for the amount of use im doing, but since 8GB lasted me 4 years........

Just a couple of wee basic queries (apologies if in wrong post):

• With the above setup and OC, would i be able to just pop the RAM in and off I pop?
  • Should I try and get more out of the ram with an OC?
  • If yes to the above? is prime95 and memtest still the go to's?
  • Still using HW monitor, anything better or more detailed kicking about?
GPU: XFX Radeon RX 480 GTR XXX Edition 8192MB (just in case)

Thanks in advance

Associate
Just wanna mention here my experience with unigene... I don't trust it. Have used it to test overclock stability as a lot do. Passes all tests in unegene, even dial back a little, then play an actual game and boom... crash to desktop.

Back
Top Bottom