Do you steal car parts?

Soldato
I once purchased some truly delightful, come very tasteful, branded valve caps for my motor vehicle from a popular Chinese tat-touting site for the grand total of three Great British Pounds.

After waiting the standard 10 ½ weeks for them to arrive, you can imagine my joy as I dirtied my fingers replacing my current drab, and lifeless valve caps (which were not matching mind you! Oh the horror!).

Upon the 2nd day of parking my newly bling'd car near my workplace, and one day's of hard graft later, I returned to find... (those of a delicate disposition, please look away now)... They had been taken from me.

As the naked threads of the valve stems exposed themselves to the cold, twilight sky, I fell to my knees. As I pumped my fists towards the moon laden sky I questioned: "Why Lord? Why take them from me?" Alas, I received no response. As a lone tear pathed it's way to way to the ground, I stood, knowing I would never be the same again.

fin.

Caporegime
West Auckland is a dive and full of ******. Last time I had a break in the local copper gave the the names of places to go visit in West Auckland selling second hand tools and told me to give them a ring if I saw any of my stuff.

Soldato
I have some valve caps that have built in pressure gauges. I put some on the GFs car, but someone stole them.

That's despite MY car being the one that gets left here there and everywhere whilst hers gets the VIP treatment. Go figure.

Caporegime
OP
~ !UPDATE! ~

I received a letter from BP last week informing me that I should pay for the $56.94 amount of petrol which I hadn't paid for 3 weeks ago. The letter had a picture of my plate on a faded red early 90's Subaru which does not seem to be the same as my not 90's very white Mazda at a BP station near to the diving school I'd taken the kids to before said plate was stolen. I called the number and spoke to someone who sounded like she either was dead or wanted to die and that was a wrap.

Question: why steal one number plate and only three valve caps in order to only steal 60 bucks of fuel? Genuinely don't get it.

~ end of update ~

Associate
My car had lime green dust caps, previous owner fitted (a well loved Alfa)

Suoermarket car park, walk back and wonder why (shifty) youngsters on BMX bikes are taking an interest in my old car(?)

It took a day or two to realise all caps gone :D

Caporegime
Question: why steal one number plate and only three valve caps in order to only steal 60 bucks of fuel? Genuinely don't get it.
You are assuming that the only crime they have committed is stealing fuel, once. It’s likely that they were simply testing the water, and when no repercussions happened they moved onto something else like robbing a sperm bank.

Back
Top Bottom