Resident Evil 3 Remake

Associate
On the topic of Resident Evil, is Revelations 1 and 2 worth playing?

I wish RE3 was coming out in time for Christmas, I have fond memories of playing Code Veronica and the original RE3 one Christmas.
I would say they are worth a play through but they arnt anything great......at all really. Actually they are quite poor now I think about it.
But if you are a resident evil fan they are worth a go.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Yeh first was ok, second was definitely worse.
As stand along games I would think they are pretty damn crap but if you are a resi nut they are worth a play through.
Yep.

Here is my list of favourite RE games ranked in order:

1- Resident Evil 2
2- Resident Evil
3- Resident Evil: Code Veronica
4- Resident Evil 3
5- Resident Evil 2 Remake
6- Resident Evil 0
7- Resident Evil 4
8- Resident Evil 7
9- Resident Evil 5
10- Resident Evil: Revelations
11- Resident Evil: Revelations 2
12- Resident Evil 6

The only thing that has changed from the last time I made my list is RE7 slipped a spot as I have more fond memories or RE4 than 7. RE7 just does not have the memorable characters you care about. RE4 had Leon, RE7 has Ethan... Also whatcha buyin... Whatcha sellin... Never forget that :p

Caporegime
Is the revelations the one with loads of characters in it? You have to kill that figure with black bugs crawling all over him? Could never get past that

It was awful game tbh,resident evil 1 is the best for atmosphere,esp when the dogs jump through the windows making you jump out of your skin

Resident evil nemesis was good aswell

Edit: anyone remember dino crysis

Associate
Yep.

Here is my list of favourite RE games ranked in order:

1- Resident Evil 2
2- Resident Evil
3- Resident Evil: Code Veronica
4- Resident Evil 3
5- Resident Evil 2 Remake
6- Resident Evil 0
7- Resident Evil 4
8- Resident Evil 7
9- Resident Evil 5
10- Resident Evil: Revelations
11- Resident Evil: Revelations 2
12- Resident Evil 6

The only thing that has changed from the last time I made my list is RE7 slipped a spot as I have more fond memories or RE4 than 7. RE7 just does not have the memorable characters you care about. RE4 had Leon, RE7 has Ethan... Also whatcha buyin... Whatcha sellin... Never forget that :p

Yep pretty much my exact order too, I would maybe put 7 before 4 but that's about it.
7 to me felt more like a resi game than 4 at the start when you were in the big house and surroundings. 4 was maybe a better game but nothing like resi of old.

When resi 3 and cv are remade I will be a happy man.
I dont really care for anymore as I doubt they would ever be able to go completely back to its roots again with the resi 8.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Yep pretty much my exact order too, I would maybe put 7 before 4 but that's about it.
7 to me felt more like a resi game than 4 at the start when you were in the big house and surroundings. 4 was maybe a better game but nothing like resi of old.

When resi 3 and cv are remade I will be a happy man.
I dont really care for anymore as I doubt they would ever be able to go completely back to its roots again with the resi 8.
Yeah. I had 7 ahead of 4 until literally just now. If 7 had a better protagonist and just generally something that was more memorable it would 100% be ahead of RE4.

I am waiting for the RE4 texture mod work to be fully completed before I replay it. Will likely replay 7 around a similar time so I can settle the order I like them in.

I think for RE 8, 9 etc as you say it will be hard to fix the story and make it interesting like it used to be. That is why I would much rather see more remakes, including remasters of the original RE 1-3 in one package released on steam. Would pay £30 or even more for it.

Associate
Yeh I seen on the roe YouTube channel he was playing resi 3 with a hd texture mod and it looked amazing.
Code veronica on dolphin emulator looks good too.
So a nice package with 0-CV with a but sharper textures and character models would be awesome. Better than any resi 8 for me.

There is just something magical about them games thats kept me hooked for over 20 years.
Love the story, the settings, the puzzles, the management, the way they play. That constant sence of progression, just something I've never seen recaptured since.

Last edited:

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Yeh I seen on the roe YouTube channel he was playing resi 3 with a hd texture mod and it looked amazing.
Code veronica on dolphin emulator looks good too.
So a nice package with 0-CV with a but sharper textures and character models would be awesome. Better than any resi 8 for me.

There is just something magical about them games thats kept me hooked for over 20 years.
Love the story, the settings, the puzzles, the management, the way they play. That constant sence of progression, just something I've never seen recaptured since.
Same here man, same here.

Soldato
Thanks, I think i'll give revelations a go then. Still need to complete RE2 remake as i got bored half way through. Going to start again on hard mode and see if its any more fun.

I think Re lost it's way when they changed the story from Umbrella and Stars, set in a cool location, to BSAA, Tricell and las plagas, set in much less cool or atmospheric locations. In the early games I used to love being drip fed snippets of info about what was going on and finding out about Umbrella and all the characters behind the scenes. I usually hate text files in games as they're never interesting, but RE was the only game i wanted to find a new one. In the later games (RE4 onwards), I didn't really find the text files or story interesting, although being a fan I still read them.

The Itchy, scratcy letter in RE1 was great, then after reading it the zombie bursts out of the wardrobe..

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Thanks, I think i'll give revelations a go then. Still need to complete RE2 remake as i got bored half way through. Going to start again on hard mode and see if its any more fun.

I think Re lost it's way when they changed the story from Umbrella and Stars, set in a cool location, to BSAA, Tricell and las plagas, set in much less cool or atmospheric locations. In the early games I used to love being drip fed snippets of info about what was going on and finding out about Umbrella and all the characters behind the scenes. I usually hate text files in games as they're never interesting, but RE was the only game i wanted to find a new one. In the later games (RE4 onwards), I didn't really find the text files or story interesting, although being a fan I still read them.

The Itchy, scratcy letter in RE1 was great, then after reading it the zombie bursts out of the wardrobe..
That was a great letter :)

RE2 on hard 2 bites and you are dead. I enjoyed the remake, still not what I would have done with a remake of that game, but it was good enough to be better than most other RE games. Still prefer the original for sure though.

Associate
On the topic of Resident Evil, is Revelations 1 and 2 worth playing?

I wish RE3 was coming out in time for Christmas, I have fond memories of playing Code Veronica and the original RE3 one Christmas.
RE Revelation 1 is worth playing after slight disappointment of 5&6 at the time of release.

Soldato
Thats a much better trailer than the last one, looks pretty good so far. Just hope there isn't too many scripted fight scenes with it and its more like the old game where he folowed you around.

Its a bit of a bummer they confirmed there will be no mercenaries mode as I remember that being really fun in the old game :(. We get the crappy looking multiplayer game instead I guess.

Associate
i need to start buying / playing the remakes
i played Res Evil 1 years ago, completed it twice, gave up on 2, never played the others, expect i think it was 7, which i found strange as the perspective was all wrong

Resident Evil 7's perspective was a welcome change! The game was even more immersive and terrifying! Rumour has it that Resident Evil 8 will be in the same vein.

Back
Top Bottom