Poll: **** The official Apple Watch Series 5 thread ****

Will you buy the Apple Watch Series 5?

• Total voters
Soldato
I'm looking at picking up another Apple watch. Can currently get a refurb s4 for £265. Is there much that I would miss form a s5? I know there's always on which I'm not too worried about. I've heard reports of poor battery on s5 as well.

Soldato
I'm looking at picking up another Apple watch. Can currently get a refurb s4 for £265. Is there much that I would miss form a s5? I know there's always on which I'm not too worried about. I've heard reports of poor battery on s5 as well.

As an S5 owner, i'd go with the S4 in your shoes. I don't think the S5 adds enough.

Although i'd be looking for a better price than that. I'm sure there are deals for the S5 around the £340 mark if you time it right.

Soldato
Can anyone recommend a third party charging cable that actually works? My wife has tried a couple from amazon and they either don't work or so slow.
I have tried a few and none are as good as a genuine Apple Watch charger, it’s worth just paying the £29 direct from Apple.

Soldato
Sillly question alert but just want to check.

On screen wake show last app settings. If you have it set as 1 hour for example does the watch not show the clock face when it goes to sleep? It just dims out the active app screen and shows the time top right?

Soldato
I've had a refurb Apple Watch 4 for about 3 and a half weeks. The battery was absolutely fine for the first 2 and a half weeks then suddenly out of nowhere I'm lucky for it to last till I finish work. Absolutely nothing has changed. One day I was going to bed with 70% battery, now it's powering off by 7pm.

Anything I can do?

Soldato
Go back to Apple with it.

Nothing else I can try first? There's no warranty left with Apple. I have a years warranty on it with the seller so I could get it swapped but that's a lot of hassle if I haven't exhausted all possibilities first.

Any tips on where to find a deal like that for S4?

It was from ebay, there was a 30% off code the day I bought it.

Associate
Nothing else I can try first? There's no warranty left with Apple. I have a years warranty on it with the seller so I could get it swapped but that's a lot of hassle if I haven't exhausted all possibilities first.

It was from ebay, there was a 30% off code the day I bought it.
Theres some on ebay for 185. Think its legit ?

Back
Top Bottom