• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

1080ti won't display on Samsung tv

Associate
Hi

Hopefully someone can help me here. I've had my 1080ti a while and was working fine with the Samsung TV. Turned computer on tonight and it goes through the boot up process which displays and then nothing.
When I plug the computer into an older lg TV it works fine. I know when the shop first installed windows 10 and the 1080ti I had this issue. I can't remember what he did. Does anyone here know what I need to do to get it back on the samsung?
The computer is played through a denon 3200...i know non of the system is the issue. Its something in Windows that has reverted.

I've seen similar threads but no actual answer.... Help please

Associate
OP
I know it's not the av system it's a setting in the computer as it did it the first time I purchased it.

It works fine on the older LG TV.

Rate is at 1080 60hz

Soldato
Can you use another hdmi port on your card.

Or plug both tvs in at the same time? It's probably a Nvidia option, screen cloning or something. Have you just updated the drivers or something? If not try that on the older tv

Associate
OP
It only has one hdmi port. Works fine on older TV just not on Samsung?

Would the display port be better than the hdmi 2.2 port?

Havnt touched any drivers

Associate
Mine does the exact same thing on boot up, I have to switch it off by holding down power button and it always come on 2nd time.....very weird.
This is 1080ti and samsung 4k tv too.

My problem only started since switching to amd from intel.

Caporegime
I've got a 1080ti with an LG 43", it randomly loses signal on the HDMI which is fixed by unplugging the HDMI and putting it back in, it seems to correspond with TV software / app updates, some seem to trigger it, other updates seem to bring it back....

Back
Top Bottom