Phillip Schofield comes out as gay

K-2

K-2

Associate
I seriously doubt he is gay at all. Probably just a publicity stunt to boost 'This Morning' ratings. Would explain why his wife doesn't seem too bothered.

Soldato
Comes out as gay and within a week there are people saying he's part of an elite cult of paedos similar to rolf harris.

Christ

He was part of the Clinton pizza thing too, it's being talked about and it's all going to come out soon.

Also, Epstein was knocked off by Trump's associates as Epstein was about to out Schofield. Trump negotiated a prime slot on This Morning in exchange for Epstein being silenced. You just need to look in the right places, it's all out there if you do your own research.

Soldato
He was part of the Clinton pizza thing too, it's being talked about and it's all going to come out soon.

Also, Epstein was knocked off by Trump's associates as Epstein was about to out Schofield. Trump negotiated a prime slot on This Morning in exchange for Epstein being silenced. You just need to look in the right places, it's all out there if you do your own research.
holy **** balls - and not a hint of sarcasm?!

Soldato

Yo Wikileaks...:D

Soldato
You might want to check my post history.

Apologies though, yes, I was talking ****!

Edit: Though I'm quite proud I got the tone exactly right and I came across as one of those.....
No, I think the apology is mine to make.
There's not a facepalm big enough in the world for this.
:(:p

edit: so glad I didn’t post the full on rant I had prepared. :p:p:p:p

Soldato

There is some truth to these things, gets mixed with non truths also. Why shouldn't Schofield be involved in anything sinister like Saville, Epstein, Weinstein and many more were?

Man of Honour
Telling someone that they shouldn't be offended when you laugh at them is a bit like punching someone in the arm and telling them that it didn't hurt.

Take their word for it, they know if it was offensive or not.

You have the bullying the wrong way around. "Offended" is a weapon, a means of asserting superior status. That's why "offended" only matters when the person using it as a weapon either has a higher status group identity than the person they're using it against or is claiming to be championing a higher status group identity. It's more like a bully punching someone and forcing them to apologise for hitting the bully's fist.

Soldato
You have the bullying the wrong way around. "Offended" is a weapon, a means of asserting superior status. That's why "offended" only matters when the person using it as a weapon either has a higher status group identity than the person they're using it against or is claiming to be championing a higher status group identity. It's more like a bully punching someone and forcing them to apologise for hitting the bully's fist.

Ah, so by telling you that you've hurt their feelings then they actually hurt your feelings.

Expertly explained; you win, I concede etc etc.

Caporegime
Ah, so by telling you that you've hurt their feelings then they actually hurt your feelings.

Expertly explained; you win, I concede etc etc.
Not sure where you got that from.

Outrage is a tool, you only have to look around to see this. People don't just get offended, they "get offended" then start demanding people do what they want them to, otherwise they'll "get offended" some more, and start rabble rousing on Twitter and the other toilets of the internet.

Then there are petitions and people start losing their jobs and other assorted madness. Outrage is a tool, a weapon, a means of exerting power and gaining control.

It's bleeding obvious most of the time.

Man of Honour
Yes, this sounds like exactly the sort of thing Phillip Schofield would make up as a publicity stunt.

feels that way

I’m finding hard to believe someone would get married, have kids, live most their life and the wake up one morning and be like, ‘oh, I’m quite partial to a bit of **** actually.’

plus as said, why doesn’t his wife seem bothered, it’s kinda a big thing for a marriage I would have thought

Soldato
Not sure where you got that from.

Outrage is a tool, you only have to look around to see this. People don't just get offended, they "get offended" then start demanding people do what they want them to, otherwise they'll "get offended" some more, and start rabble rousing on Twitter and the other toilets of the internet.

Then there are petitions and people start losing their jobs and other assorted madness. Outrage is a tool, a weapon, a means of exerting power and gaining control.

It's bleeding obvious most of the time.

You're generalising about a lot of things that haven't actually happened here, whereas I was discussing something specific to the conversation. Your comment could be valid in certain cases, but not this one IMO.

Here's a reminder of the actual context.

Even this thread is evidence that coming out could never be easy. Even moreso when you are in the public spotlight. The Gordon the gopher pictures and gay jokes / slang terms just show how there is a large homophobic mindset to contend with.

You see this is part of the problem. People are having a laugh and other people get offended by it because the subject is someone who is gay.

Telling someone that they shouldn't be offended when you laugh at them is a bit like punching someone in the arm and telling them that it didn't hurt.

Take their word for it, they know if it was offensive or not.

The point being, if someone decides to come out and then gets subjected to lewd jokes about their recently announced sexuality, they might just find that offensive. I'm inclined to believe them, even if the person telling the jokes thinks it's actually hilarious - let's be honest, they would.

People don't like having errors of judgement or outdated views pointed out to them, which is why they attempt to normalise and ridicule.

Soldato
Wait, people are actually being serious in thinking he's not gay and it's all a publicity stunt ?

Dear lord this forum really does attract some 'special' types

The fact my satirical post was taken as being serious and challenged by someone and someone actually tried to jump on it as something they'd heard as well tells you a lot.

fez

fez

Caporegime
People don't like having errors of judgement or outdated views pointed out to them, which is why they attempt to normalise and ridicule.

No, people don't like being told they are homophobic, racist or sexist for making a joke at the expense of someone from one of these groups. Why are they excluded from being the subject of jokes?

My partner didn't realise that Narwhals were an actual animal until about 6 months ago. Shes in her 30s. Maybe we should all have been more thoughtful and told her how proud we were of her strength to admit this instead of taking the ****. Not everything that isn't over the top praise and support for a minority group is an "ism" or a negative thing. The gay community has jokes about straight men and women. Thats fine. Its a joke and they are allowed to do that.

Our friend who is gay hates a lot of aspects of the gay community and culture. Does that make him self hating and homophobic? Is he allowed to joke about them?

Its just far too easy for people to just express righteous anger when anyone does something related to these protected groups and if you try to explain that there was no nastiness to it you are just told that you are trying to justify it or that you are part of the problem. Microagressions innit.

Back
Top Bottom