**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S20 Family Thread ****

Soldato
I know you're basically paying the cost of the phone, but that is very tempting given the 0% APR. I'll be waiting to see how they are in the hands of reviewers first though

When you work out the quote that's less than a grand for a phone priced at £1200 on the website, so that's HIS upgrade price for the phone. Starting from scratch you'll pay more.

Soldato
I purchased the s10+ on release through samsung...I traded the s9+ which left a klarna balance of around £525 over 24 months.....it says I'm eligible for the upgrade to the s20 ultra, however what would happen to the remaining 12 months klarna of the s10+? Would I be paying that alongside the £36 for the s20? If so it's a nono.

Soldato
I was gonna say anyone had any luck, Paying via paypal makes this extra hard.....

Done.

Went all out for the 512gb Ultra

Last edited:
Soldato
I know you're basically paying the cost of the phone, but that is very tempting given the 0% APR. I'll be waiting to see how they are in the hands of reviewers first though

Best way to go if you want to buy the handset all out, I traded in my S9 last year and been paying only £20 p/m for the S10+.

Ive just gone for the S20+, Ultra is overkill for me and 1 review made me chuckle when it was pointed out that its only just smaller than the first 7" tablets

Soldato
Best way to go if you want to buy the handset all out, I traded in my S9 last year and been paying only £20 p/m for the S10+.

Ive just gone for the S20+, Ultra is overkill for me and 1 review made me chuckle when it was pointed out that its only just smaller than the first 7" tablets

Sounds like you've had the same deal as me with s10 through the samsung website...20 a month through klarna on a 24 month? Upgrading to the s20 ultra, what happens to the remaining 12 months of the s10 contract?

Soldato
Sounds like you've had the same deal as me with s10 through the samsung website...20 a month through klarna on a 24 month? Upgrading to the s20 ultra, what happens to the remaining 12 months of the s10 contract?

Pretty sure you send in the S10 once your new S20 arrives and the balance of the contract is written off. Then a new contract runs for the new phone.

Associate
When buying Samsung phones is the UK is it true you dont get Snapdragon 865?

Has been the same for all samsungs for a long time we never get the qualcomm chips.

which seems annoying when in benchmarks my daughters chinese Mi9 is faster than my note 10 but of course that is not the whole picture because everything else about the samsung is better.

Loving the look of that Zoom on the s20, I really appreciate the little I have on the 10 compared to my old phones, I want more, so its quite tempting.

Soldato

Yeah see here
https://www.samsung.com/uk/samsung-upgrade/

What happens to my existing loan agreement once I upgrade?
If you are approved for a new credit agreement under the Samsung Upgrade Programme and return your existing Galaxy phone in a satisfactory condition, Samsung will settle your existing agreement with Klarna on your behalf. Any missed payments and fees must be cleared on your existing loan agreement. The monthly payment amount may differ on your new loan with Klarna.

I've just gone through it all on the link I posted earlier and it asks for condition of S10+, no details on retuning it yet but everything tied up.

Last edited:
Soldato
Does anyone know how you claim the free buds+ ?

Last time on the S10 you had to do it through the Samsung Rewards app once you received the phone.

A little disappointed with the colours on the ultra and no ceramic versions this time.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Has been the same for all samsungs for a long time we never get the qualcomm chips.

which seems annoying when in benchmarks my daughters chinese Mi9 is faster than my note 10 but of course that is not the whole picture because everything else about the samsung is better.

Loving the look of that Zoom on the s20, I really appreciate the little I have on the 10 compared to my old phones, I want more, so its quite tempting.

Aren't Samsung ditching Exynos finally? Think the one in the S20 is to be the last version.

Looks like we get a substandard CPU again:

https://mightygadget.co.uk/samsung-...napdragon-865-geekbench-results-compared/amp/

Last edited:

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
OP
The 30x/100x zoom clarity isn't enough (as in it's not clear...) to wow me TBH but the bright night sensor I want to see samples of for sure. So far the S20 appeals the most but not enough to upgrade from the S10e SD855 unless a standout feature suddenly appears. AT the announcement they said the S10 range will receive new features with software updates soon so I bet pro video will see a return too along with some other stuff as we used to have Pro Video back in the day.

Single Take shot is a unique feature though that I'd likely use a lot.

I have a feeling the S10e will live out a full lifecycle until major OS updates stop on it although with Project Mainline, Google may well handle that now considering the integration of Google now on Galaxy phones.

Soldato
free buds+ on the higher end models? Wow thats amazing, good on samsung for not doing an apple

They would charge if they could, but they don't carry that Apple swag.

tbf the prices of their phones seem to be higher than usual, but throwing in the buds seems to make it more worthwhile. I heard the ultra was £1200-1400

I got chuff-all after buying a Note 10+ 5G. I wonder how they work out who to send these offers to.

Its all about the tracking cookies and whether you allow it and have signed in there, If I go and look at something on Samsung put it in my basket and don't buy it, they send me emails saying we saw you looking at this, can we tempt you by blah, blah, blah and because I am a sucker and mad shopper I am always tempted, damn marketing tactics preying on the weak :D

We all grasp the free buds+ are for customers preordering right? Not in the box.

The way you get them is by preordering and the reason you didn't get them on the note 10 is because that wasn't the offer for pre-order on that if you pre-ordered at all.

Literally nothing to do with tracking cookies lol

Soldato
Well I’ve just traded in my Note 10+ and joined the upgrade program on the Ultra.
£450 off trade in seems like a hassle free way of moving it on, then £74.90 upfront and £22 per month with free buds is ok with me.

Soldato
We all grasp the free buds+ are for customers preordering right? Not in the box.

The way you get them is by preordering and the reason you didn't get them on the note 10 is because that wasn't the offer for pre-order on that if you pre-ordered at all.

Literally nothing to do with tracking cookies lol

Of all those quote you gathered not one person thought the buds came in the box. I was talking about 15pc off vouchers offered to samsung members, as was the poster mentioning tracking cookies.

So yes, we all gather the buds are for preorders.

Associate
I joined the upgrade program with the note 10+ back in August when it was released. I've just used the above upgrade program link to check what the costs would be and I'm told I'm not eligible to upgrade at this time?

Is anyone else having this issue? Is there a reason why I wouldn't be able to upgrade?

Edit: I'm thinking I need to be in the upgrade program for 12 months before i can upgrade? But there are others stating they are trading in their note 10+ which is less than 12 months old?

Back
Top Bottom