Fake hate crime: Jussie Smollett paid two Nigerian brothers to attack him

Soldato
Cmon man... He's a **** but I don't want him to kill himself. And even if you're joking it's not in very good taste.

A **** seriously? He basically tried to entice a race and political riot!

He wouldn't kill himself, he would fake it for sympathy. He is an evil and disgusting person who hasn't been held accountable for his actions.

Caporegime
This is circular, you're either deliberately ignoring what I've already told you or you're not able to understand either way you've got answers already

What has he said that is so idiotic that you feel the need to label him an idiot ?

Like I said people can make their minds up from that dialogue.

No idea who he is but watched the first 40 seconds of that and it seemed like a waste of time.

Is anything he has said false ? [...]

I've got no issue if you don't have the attention span to get past 40 seconds of a youtube video, where the guy is pretty much saying the same as your reuters link first few sentences, I'm asking why you think he's an idiot, which throughout 4 pages of you foaming at the mouth about his "verbal diarrhea" you still haven't actually said exactly why

You and your fellow fan keep quoting me with questions or accusations that don't apply, that's on you not me, I've already given you the answers you seek, re: above "the guy is pretty much saying the same as your reuters link"

I should point out that a good argument against my view would have been to highlight something new, insightful that he's put in that video that hasn't been covered in news articles... instead I've got replies/arguments of "but but he's a well respected journalist" and general upset at referring to him as some youtuber/objections over the fact that I've not heard of him. My objection was towards the content I'd seen and rather tellingly no one has produced any counter to that so I'll assume the other 16 minutes or so were, as suspected, of little value added relative to the various articles out there. I'm more than happy to adjust my view on that but telling me that he's won praise in the past or that I should have heard of him isn't a good argument, it is irrelevant to what I've said.

That validates me posting the Reuters link as an alternative for people then, I've apparently not missed out on some amazing insights.

To recap, this has nothing to do with attention span, whether or not he's an award winning journalist or whether he's said anything false.

Man of Honour
He's off back to Court with new charges...

Mr Webb, the special prosecutor assigned in August to investigate how local prosecutors handled the case, said in a statement he was going to further prosecute Smollett.

The actor was charged with "making four separate false reports to Chicago Police Department officers related to his false claims that he was the victim of a hate crime, knowing that he was not the victim of a crime," Mr Webb said.

He is due in court on 24 February.

The city has also sued the actor in a civil suit, seeking payment of more than $130,000 (£100,000) for overtime paid to officers involved in investigating his claims. Smollett has filed a counter suit.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-51469713

Caporegime
I remember when it was pretty clear that he'd lied and yet the Empire writers on twitter were so woke that they just carried on supporting him, were planning to have him back etc..

Wonder what they'll be thinking now if he does get convicted. Back then they were so woke they never even discussed the possibility of not having him on the show... obvs that was never realistic regardless. The additional charges are a bonus too.

Caporegime
Are they not looking into Kim Foxx? At the very least, the optics did not put her in a good light.

Well, well, well....

Her election is coming up in 5 weeks so you can imagine the timing doesn't help, the prosecutor (Webb) who picked this back up asked the state’s attorney’s office to provide documentary evidence to back up their assertion that no charges should be filed. They were unable to do this. Also....
Just a few days ago, the Chicago Sun-Times endorsed Foxx for re-election, on the basis that her overall record of reforming the office outweighs the bungling of one single high profile case.
Webb has no reason or evidence that Foxx or her office 'engaged in wrongdoing' but you would hope they could provide a full breakdown of their decision not to prosecute, especially as (circumstantially) Smollett doesn't appear very innocent. If she was found to act properly, end of but if she acted improperly - not sure the justification that she's trying to clean up the Chicago’s criminal justice system excuses her.

Last edited:
Soldato
Are they not looking into Kim Foxx? At the very least, the optics did not put her in a good light.

Well, well, well....

Her election is coming up in 5 weeks so you can imagine the timing doesn't help, the prosecutor (Webb) who picked this back up asked the state’s attorney’s office to provide documentary evidence to back up their assertion that no charges should be filed. They were unable to do this. Also....

Webb has no reason or evidence that Foxx or her office 'engaged in wrongdoing' but you would hope they could provide a full breakdown of their decision not to prosecute, especially as (circumstantially) Smollett doesn't appear very innocent. If she was found to act properly, end of but if she acted improperly - not sure the justification that she's trying to clean up the Chicago’s criminal justice system excuses her.

She never turned up for Tuesday night’s candidate forum in Lakeview,

Back
Top Bottom