Huel: The Future of Food ..

Man of Honour
How do you mean? You just put ice in... like you would put ice in your coke to keep it cold.

ahh that makes a lot more sense. I leave mine In the fridge overnight for breakfast, and then pop one in the fridge when I get into work so it’s always cold. Didn’t think about people who have it straight away!

Soldato
Anyone else noticed how heavily Huel are pushing ads on social media lately?

Easily over 50% of my ads on both Facebook and Instagram are for it. The ridiculous thing with Facebook is they seem to be using fake profiles (approx 10 "likes" of the page) of various hipster hikers etc. Honestly it's putting me right off from using them again.

I haven't even done any searches for it, looked at any pages relating to it in months but over the last couple of weeks the ads are rife. I'm not the only one judging by the comments on the posts.

At least when it's ads from their actual company pages they engage in the comments etc and I can live with this but the phony "influencer" garbage is pretty low level

Soldato
I've been looking at Huel on and off for about a year now and now going to take the dive and try some.

I've always struggled with maintaining weight, 7 years ago i was 12st 10lbs and in great shape. I'm quite a broad build and 6ft 1.

Since then, I've got to 18st 2lb. I tend to yoyo in weight massively but i can carry it well as it blows people away when i tell them how much i weigh. I've started training again with the aim of getting to around 14st and staying there from now on as previous sports injuries to my knees have made them selves known since putting on this much weight.

I'm trying to keep to a low carb diet along with bumping up the protein. From looking at Huels website I'm thinking of getting some Huel black unless anyone suggests otherwise? It will replace my lunch at work which usually consists of a sandwich, yoghurt and a couple pieces of fruit.

Also..... anyone have a spare referral code please? :)

Soldato
I've been looking at Huel on and off for about a year now and now going to take the dive and try some.

I've always struggled with maintaining weight, 7 years ago i was 12st 10lbs and in great shape. I'm quite a broad build and 6ft 1.

Since then, I've got to 18st 2lb. I tend to yoyo in weight massively but i can carry it well as it blows people away when i tell them how much i weigh. I've started training again with the aim of getting to around 14st and staying there from now on as previous sports injuries to my knees have made them selves known since putting on this much weight.

I'm trying to keep to a low carb diet along with bumping up the protein. From looking at Huels website I'm thinking of getting some Huel black unless anyone suggests otherwise? It will replace my lunch at work which usually consists of a sandwich, yoghurt and a couple pieces of fruit.

Also..... anyone have a spare referral code please? :)

Drop me a trust and I'll send a referral over.

Just switched mine to the Black version for this month...want to lose a couple of kg I put on over Christmas....finally got round to using the gym at work regularly too.

Associate
Haven't been really enjoying Huel so far but I guess that's more issues with the way I've been preparing it. Today I opened my bag of Black chocolate and it was love at first sip. Way better than the vanilla. Now I just need to get the other half of my diet under control - still eating big bags of Walkers Max Strong and Fry's chocolate bars at night. :( :(

Ditch the sugar and sweetners. Huel flavourings is rammed with sweetners (obvs).

Move to real food, or unflavoured huel. Try using real no sugar dark chocolate for sweet fixes, but not blended in the huel, as that's counter productive.

You'll always crave sugar if you substitute it.

I like the look of huel, until they blend it up. You'd of thought their bars were at least good, but no, poor ingredients last time i checked.

Good look with the dieting :)

Soldato
Can I ask, which are you comparing it to? I always thought it was pretty cheap.

I'll send one later if no one else does, although I have plenty already, so someone else feel free.
the protein powders i buy [PHD] are about £27. i appreciate Huel isn't JUST protein, but £45 and £50 seems steep to me.

Soldato
the protein powders i buy [PHD] are about £27. i appreciate Huel isn't JUST protein, but £45 and £50 seems steep to me.

Protein shakes aren't a complete meal though.
You'd really have to compare it to the cost of a perfectly, or nearly perfectly balanced meal.
Huel works out about £2? a meal, and is far superior to a sainsburys meal deal for lunch for example, and you don't have to worry whether it's to high on salt or fat or carbs or sugar, and it has a comprehensive array of vitamins and micro nutrients.. just choose the amount of calories you want.

It's actually very good value when you look at it that way.

Caporegime
Huel was on the TV!

Here is what was said in a nutshell -

Doctor doing the test had Huel for 10 days (one portion, then two and then for the final days he had up to five).
He lost about 1.5kg of weight in that time.
No change in his cholesterol.
Blood sugar and blood fat levels slightly lower - in the long term this would reduce risk for diabetes.
Huel is digested very quickly by the body which left him feeling hungry sooner than when he had a "proper" breakfast. (I find I last about an hour before I feel like I've not had anything.)
It is a well-designed liquid meal replacement product.

And that's that. I've really yet to find any expert dissing it in terms of what it provides as nutrition.

Soldato
Already sorted but cheers andy!

Yeah, sorry, on my phone at work I missed this new page, so didn't realise someone had done it already. :)

As said, it's a bit apples to oranges, so not a fair comparison. Also, £45?! I don't think I've paid more than £17.50 per bag yet and I've been on it about 9 months!?

Back
Top Bottom