Pension cash

Soldato
in my case as my pots are separate will i get 25 percent of each one tax free then pay income on the rest ,or do they need combining
no matter how basic this is is i am confused .
also i have a section 32 buy out on a smaller pot and even the pensionwise guy couldnt give mr a clear idea of what i can do with that,

Soldato
Would HMRC adjust the tax accordingly automatically if wrong?

As the tax is taken at source, his monthly wages wont be affected i presume?

It's nice that your trying to help your mate - however I think your mate need to do some work/effort of his own considering it's his pension. All these questions are answerable by the pension provider and HMRC.

Soldato
in my case as my pots are separate will i get 25 percent of each one tax free then pay income on the rest ,or do they need combining
no matter how basic this is is i am confused .
also i have a section 32 buy out on a smaller pot and even the pensionwise guy couldnt give mr a clear idea of what i can do with that,

Sct 32 buy out - probably very little you can do with that till retirement age. Sct 32's are historical pension, few and far between these days and don't usually fall under the "standard" personal pension rules (25% tax free etc) - they can contain very valuable benefits (like more than 25% tax free cash) - you would generally need to speak to an IFA about that. They are complicated things at the best of times Sct 32's.

Pensionwise will NOT give you advice - they will give you information/guidance and details - but they can not give advice. They are not regulated to give advice. Hence why he wouldn't give you a clear idea of what to do.

Soldato
OP
As the tax is taken at source, his monthly wages wont be affected i presume?

This is the one he is most concerned with. As i said, he has an appointment on monday with an FA. Just trying to help him as much i can. He been through a rocky few years. He has nobody else to turn to and is naff with internet!

Back
Top Bottom