Old Books/Magazines. What to do?

Soldato
I am moving and have a ton of old books/Magazines. (New scientist/Nat Geo and so on)

No really, probably more like 2 tons or even more (As in 2000Kg+)

I do not want to keep all of them, but I do not want to throw them out either.

Most are not the sorts of Books that charity shops might want "Some" might even be potentially valuable (I am sure there is a first edition Penguin of lady Chats there somewhere ;)) but most are just old.

I cant believe I am the only one who has faced a problem like this.

So, What to do??

Permabanned
If it's top shelf magazines just give them to the kids who build tree houses and the likes. :p

I would be tempted to see if any of them would go in bulk on selling sites. Pile them up in issues and same types n put them on gumtree. You never know. Other than that they probably all worthless now if you can't get shot of them that way.

Soldato
Yep there's many willing to buy these things. Even though most magazine collections are viewable online, having the collection of Input magazine was something I had to have.

Soldato
Ask your local schools and hospitals if they would like the National Geographics and New Scientists.

Very generally, books are only worth something if they're a first edition or signed, preferably both. And even then only possibly.

Soldato
I took a heap of old textbooks to the recycling center on Saturday, and assumed I could recycle them. I was told to dump them in with the rest of the household waste as due to the glue they can't recycle them.

Bah!

Back
Top Bottom