AMD 3950x, Asus ROG CROSSHR VIII HERO, Zalman CNPS20X

Nay

Nay

Associate
Hi,

I have just got my new PC up and running but am finding the fans run faster than what i am used to my previous PC was intel 2600k with the cpu fan running at around 400rpm.
This AMD 3950X has the fans running at 1000rpm and fluctuates up and down to 1500rpm even when pc is idle with temp around 40-50deg.
Is this just the way this AMD CPU works or have i missed something in the bios i have set CPU fan to silent but not made much difference.
Thanks for any help hoping someone may have similar setup and give advice?

Associate
Have you updated the bios? same thing was happening to mine with the same board but with a 3900x instead, i suspect its still happening since my update but not to the extent it was before as i cant hear the fans anymore

check your bios version most upto date one is v1201,

Last edited:

Nay

Nay

Associate
OP
i, I have just updated bios to ver 1201 but now I can not boot into windows from my ssd drive as it is no longer showing in the secure boot options.

It is however showing in the SATA Configuration as being present.

Any ideas as to why my SSD is not showing in boot option priorities?

I have now resolved this issue.

Last edited:

Nay

Nay

Associate
OP
I would have went for a much better cooler personally for the 3950x. Thinking of moving to this new cpu myself and new memory and mobo.

Hi,when you say much better cooler not sure if you mean water cooling but if like myself who wanted to stick with air cooling then the ZALMAN 20X is about as good as your going to get using 140mm fans.
Betters the Noctua NH-D15 which as you know is another highly rated cooler.

Nay

Nay

Associate
OP
You know nothing,they have only been out weeks so how would you know anything on its performance?

Nay

Nay

Associate
OP
Clearly know a lot more than you then eh mr 6 posts rofl. Try reading up kiddo. They are garbage.

Well from what i am experiencing from the ZALMAN is far from garbage with CPU temp @36deg fan running at minimum setting in bios almost silent.

I rest my case.

Back
Top Bottom