• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

MSI 2080TI Trio Fans Not Kicking In

Associate
Got myself a nice new card but for some reason the fans are not kicking in. I know they work because they spin up during boot up. I know they are supposed to idle until a certain temp but I have got a high as 60c and they are still not kicking in. Is this normal? If so, what temp do they actually start.

I have created a fan curve through RTSS and they work fine but I shouldn't really have to do this. It's just a little worrying and I've never had this issue before.

Soldato
is there no software with the card that lets you put the fan on i noticed with the lads asus strix 1060 bought of here i had to adjust the fans to get them to come on but i'm sure when it gets to a certain temp it will come on buy its self.

Soldato
No software with the card. I will try to heat it up enough to see what happens. Worst case I will have to enable a fan curve through RTSS.

You don't normally get software with cards these days.

Go to the MSI webpage and have a look to see what (if any) s/w is there for your card.

That being said, I have an RGB enabled MSI 1070 and I didn't like their s/w at the time (almost three years ago) so I just use Afterburner to set my own fan curve, and third party s/w to implement the RGB as a temperature guide.

Soldato
I have the exact same card and its completely normal. I just tested it myself and the fans kick in around 63/64 degrees. Nothing at all for you to worry about.

Soldato
I had the same fan design card and cooler and the fans don't spin up until it surpasses around 61c. When you initially start the system the fans will spin briefly but cut off once into idle mode.

It's normal.

Soldato
Agreed, 62C is very normal at idle with no fans spinning. I really wouldn't worry. The fan curves more often than not are fine from factory.

Just game for a few days, keep an eye on temps if you'd like, but don't panic when you see 85C as that's normal under load.

Soldato
85c is normal with a triple fan cooler :eek:

That doesn't seem right.. Most the reviews I looked at of 2080ti with triple fan coolers are far lower then that

I'm just preparing you, a lot of reviews are in open air benchmarks. I went from 85C on my EVGA 2080 ti XC Ultra to 65C just from going from a mid tower to a full tower with much better air cooling before going to watercooling.

Anything above 90C is something to worry about though.

Back
Top Bottom