What TV shows are you currently watching

Soldato
Half way through the Witcher and while it felt a little too "Game of Thrones-y" to start with it's settled into a really interesting story and I'm really looking forward to how the 3 main stories of Geralt, the young princess and the Witch all come together. With the story being told out of time sequence I'm having fun trying to guess where/how the stories will all catch-up.

My only two observations so far is that the word "Destiny" is said eleveny-billion times per episode which gets annoying when it's hammered home so much, and more surprisingly it's been heavily "feminist" in places but without any of the attached "media calling fans man-babies" which seems to be a staple of modern journalism, probably because this is actually a good TV show with good acting, characters and plot (so far) rather than a poorly made film as normally happens.

EDIT - Just finished the last few episodes, definitely got too much of a GoT-lite vibe towards the end but it was still enjoyable seeing how the 3 main stories intertwined though.

Last edited:
Associate
Just watched Ragnarok, fantastic mini series, left wanting more! Highly recommend you watch this
The fact that its Norwegian is putting me off a bit also don't you think their is a lot of rubbish on Netflix only decent shows lately are Narcos and Hill house too much foreign language stuff for me.

Soldato
I finally got through DC Titans both seasons over a 2-3 week period. I can't say it was that great. Some serious cheese thrown in with the poor acting, emo kids and seriously dumb enemies. The fight scenes were great to watch though. I also found everything far too convenient but also big baddies seemed to just get owned in seconds after all the build up it just moves on in a split second.

what was that ridiculous ending? Such a forced death of Donna Troy, laughable when she flung herself over the top of the crane too. Where the **** was Superboy when all that was going on. The guy is unbeatable, ultra fast responses and could have literally farted that crane to Mars but no Donna had to die to move the plot along

I'm not really excited to see season 3. The Boys and Umbrella Academy did everything 100 times better.

Soldato
I finally got through DC Titans both seasons over a 2-3 week period. I can't say it was that great. Some serious cheese thrown in with the poor acting, emo kids and seriously dumb enemies. The fight scenes were great to watch though. I also found everything far too convenient but also big baddies seemed to just get owned in seconds after all the build up it just moves on in a split second.

what was that ridiculous ending? Such a forced death of Donna Troy, laughable when she flung herself over the top of the crane too. Where the **** was Superboy when all that was going on. The guy is unbeatable, ultra fast responses and could have literally farted that crane to Mars but no Donna had to die to move the plot along

I'm not really excited to see season 3. The Boys and Umbrella Academy did everything 100 times better.

I thought season 2 was better than the first but enjoyed both overall - although I have to agree that after a season's build up, both main antagonist's were dealt with far too quickly with pretty much zero collateral damage on the part of the Titans - and 100% agree with the spoiler - there were soooo many better ways they could have set up S3!

Soldato
The fact that its Norwegian is putting me off a bit also don't you think their is a lot of rubbish on Netflix only decent shows lately are Narcos and Hill house too much foreign language stuff for me.

Some of the foreign language stuff on Netflix is excellent. Dark, Kingdom to name a few. But it’s all personal choice.

i watched it with subtitles as it was in it's native language

I can’t understand how anyone can watch anything with dubbing, it just doesn’t seem right watching a potentially good actors voice being dubbed over, plus it takes away from the location setting.

Associate
Recently watched The Boys, can't wait for the second series now.

Started to watch Lucifer and despite it being the kind of series that I call my wife for watching , I've managed to watch the first 3 series. I don't know how or why but I feel compelled to watch.

Soldato
Recently watched The Boys, can't wait for the second series now.

Another vote for The Boys, took me a few muniutes to get in to it as it's a different take on superheros - but definitely worth a watch.

Also Umbrella academy I thought was very good, watched it a couple of times now, and I probably will again in the future, it's an excellent show.

Soldato
Started on Narcos Mexico season 2 but 3 episodes in and I'm unimpressed. I just can't get invested in any of the characters and the story doesn't seem as gripping. I've taken it as a sign and used that sign to re-watch the excellent original Narcos (the Escobar one) :D

Back
Top Bottom