**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S20 Family Thread ****

Associate
Firstly, Vodafone,
READ THE SMALL PRINT.
They are offering a frankly ridiculous set of contracts in which is 5G limited to 2mbps or 10bps max bandwidth (that's not a typo....) so avoid these, you only save £4 and £2 a month anyway...
However, All Unlimited Data cap plans include 5G.
The true unlimited one (in speed and price) is £30 a month with no frills
Or £36 with your choice of Sky Sports, Spotify, Now TV or Prime all on mobile..

I'm sim only with Vodafone but not on one of the unlimited plans. Recently renewed and sure I read I'd have access to 5G on a data capped plan. That said it's of no interest to me as living and working rural there will be no 5G any time soon. That and my current S10 doesn't have access to 5G either.

Isn't this 5G implementation only 20% faster then 4G on a really good day anyway?

On the S20 and S20+. According to Marques Brownlee anyway!

Associate
I can't find any unedited samples of images taken from the ultra camera. Reviewers say they are not permitted to show them, apparently the phones have the camera app locked down so they cant send them etc.

Seems a little odd considering that even samsung themselves say that the main reason people would be upgrading is for the camera.

Am I missing something or is there something to hide ?

Soldato
If looking at Three, don't forget Quidco, currently giving £62.50 on the £11 p/m for first 6 months unlimited sim deal.

I left EE for them a few months back and don't notice much difference for a third of the cost

Soldato
Soldato
Firstly, Vodafone,
READ THE SMALL PRINT.
They are offering a frankly ridiculous set of contracts in which is 5G limited to 2mbps or 10bps max bandwidth (that's not a typo....) so avoid these, you only save £4 and £2 a month anyway...
However, All Unlimited Data cap plans include 5G.
The true unlimited one (in speed and price) is £30 a month with no frills
Or £36 with your choice of Sky Sports, Spotify, Now TV or Prime all on mobile..

Grabbed a 5G Vodafone SIMO last summer which came to £17 a month after cashback, this was the truly unlimited one.

If you look around similar deals can still be had.

Associate
I can't find any unedited samples of images taken from the ultra camera. Reviewers say they are not permitted to show them, apparently the phones have the camera app locked down so they cant send them etc.

Seems a little odd considering that even samsung themselves say that the main reason people would be upgrading is for the camera.

Am I missing something or is there something to hide ?
Pretty normal imo.

Likely running pre-production software

Soldato
Certain customers can get 20% off with a store that I believe I Very much can't mention for competitor reasons.

Standard "poverty" spec can be had for as little as £643 and can do the trade in thing with a cheap iPhone 4 (easy to find for peanuts) for £100. Earphones on top that you can flog and can be a tempting offer.

No chance of me pre-ordering though after the battery shenanigans with Exynos on S10 series, will wait for reviews to see if there's major problems again.

Last edited:

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
OP
So Samsung's trade-in website does accept my HK S10e, the IMEI is accepted and I can proceed through to payment. I will wait a week or two though as I want to see full camera samples first otherwise I am happy. With the trade-in discount the S20 comes to £552 which is reasonably good for a flagship and I guess next year I'll get half that trade-in for the S21 assuming the width dimensions remain the same...

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
OP
How much do they give for S10e?

£250

Not sure wether to buy one on finance or wait till my Contract is renewed in September. Currently using S9.

Think Samsung store offers the best options for payment. They have an option to pay in 3 instalments, no interest, no credit agreements or anything. It just is goes out of your debit card and that's it over the 3 months so no need to finance one really.

Soldato
So Samsung's trade-in website does accept my HK S10e, the IMEI is accepted and I can proceed through to payment. I will wait a week or two though as I want to see full camera samples first otherwise I am happy. With the trade-in discount the S20 comes to £552 which is reasonably good for a flagship and I guess next year I'll get half that trade-in for the S21 assuming the width dimensions remain the same...

Is this for trade in deal for the s20 or via the Samsung recycle?

Edit. Ahh I see it now. Recycle site gives £200 but preorder trade in deal gives £250

Back
Top Bottom