SAS Airlines woke advert they had to remove.....

Caporegime
SAS Airlines released a bit of a Woke advert and it was soon taken down because of "Right Wing Trolls" and upset unsavoury Internet types...

Lol! It basically explains that all countries identities are an amalgamation of ideas from other lands and other peoples. Pretty Logical to some degree right?

But its so condescending and erosive to peoples national identity.

Is that good thing? Yes or No. It depends on what side of the fence you are on obviously.

I hate preachy advertising, that is quite blatantly obvious in its facts but still comes across as condescending.
OMG maybe its because im a closet fascist and thats just how i interpret it..... ITS SO TRUE.
I just get Gillette vibes all over again. Im not even Swedish and i feel a bit hurt for them. **** The Norwegians though..... those guys suck.

Last edited by a moderator:
Soldato
I saw the advert.

I can see what they was trying to do. But the first part of the advert is literally running Scandinavia down.

I can't imagine them putting out that to any other culture or race.

Soldato
I don't know much about their culture personally, but that video just runs them all down really.

It’s as though they have taken a negative statement and tried to frame it as a positive.

I'm not sure that has worked mind lol so we are all human and copy stuff?

Does it matter? Really!!??

Soldato
I like the advert its very true, anyone who knows history knows countries have overlapped for a long time. Its far harder to summarise what defines any body of people and what they especially share in common. Seems relevant to EU and convergence from technology especially now, language and expressions are the most obvious definition as people learn these at the earliest age.

Caporegime
Currently sitting on a German chair at a Swedish desk drinking Scottish whiskey and eating Indian food whilst using my American keyboard, Chinese mouse and Korean monitor, to watch Dutch videos about an Iraqi tank.

There is no greater meaning to this post I just felt like typing it.

Soldato
When you get an advertisement that so blatantly panders to an ideology, even those within the ideology are often annoyed by it.

Pandering for the sake of profit due to an assumed cultural demographic is never going to win people over, at best you'll get a tiny minority of people in support of it who may or may not have been interested in the product to begin with. At worst you pee off people from both sides.

Companies need to stop using social media as a litmus test.

Back
Top Bottom