Huel: The Future of Food ..

Soldato
Yeah, sorry, on my phone at work I missed this new page, so didn't realise someone had done it already. :)

As said, it's a bit apples to oranges, so not a fair comparison. Also, £45?! I don't think I've paid more than £17.50 per bag yet and I've been on it about 9 months!?

How have you managed to get it that cheap!!! As wolfie138 said, i managed to get 2 bags for regular Huel for £40 but thats with a referral code.

Soldato
Almost all of them have looked like this...

2TjheNbh.png.jpg

They recently put them up for v3.0, but even my order of that was £35 with a referral code, hence the £17.50 each I mentioned, they were all £15 each before v3.0.

Soldato
Thanks :) Maybe I should point out in this thread, we have a weight loss thread now too :)

I don't think huel is specifically a weight loss or weight gain thing, it's just balanced, so if you want to lose weight, you might have 2 scoops for lunch, circa 300 calories knowing that it's nutritionally fairly complete.

If you then chow down on a family size pizza for your evening meal and wash it down with a packet of biscuits...

Soldato
I don't think huel is specifically a weight loss or weight gain thing, it's just balanced, so if you want to lose weight, you might have 2 scoops for lunch, circa 300 calories knowing that it's nutritionally fairly complete.

If you then chow down on a family size pizza for your evening meal and wash it down with a packet of biscuits...

Sure. Exactly the same goes for a weight watchers ready meal or a nice salad.

I'm not saying it is a weight loss thing, which is perhaps why when some people started talking about their weight loss, I thought I'd direct them to the new weight loss thread :)

Soldato
Also, £45?! I don't think I've paid more than £17.50 per bag yet and I've been on it about 9 months!?
I just went to the website and it was £45, or £50 for the "black" option, that's literally all my research on the subject, if I could find it somewhere for about £17 as you say, i'd be willing to try it, not going to splash double that amount though.

SPG

SPG

Soldato
I have been using for about a 10 months now, its fantastic if after a full day at work & endurance training when your not stepping back into the house till 2000 hrs, 3 scoops blended with some frozen fruit and sorted everything you need thats not heavy on the stomach. Always have it for Lunch and now ditched the porridge to try and get some more calories in me,

Moved onto the Huel Black now just to see how that goes, also ditched the porridge for breakfast and gone Huel twice a day as the norm (weekends are different) and see how that goes. As for weight loss even with all my training i hover around 78-80kg.

Just cant seem to shift anymore, but then i am 49 maybe some weight lifting one day a week.

Soldato
brief scour reveals only 2-bag deals or dubious ebay lots. where does everyone get reasonably-priced Huel from? shame they don't have sample size sachets.

Man of Honour
brief scour reveals only 2-bag deals or dubious ebay lots. where does everyone get reasonably-priced Huel from? shame they don't have sample size sachets.

They actually used to do 100g sample pouches for £4 but they've been discontinued. According to them, it wasn't enough for people to sample it.

Associate
Why do you say that?

More of a, "i wonder what would happen" kinda thing. Stomach is designed for breaking down food step by step, skipping steps i guess limits intake of certain nutrients. I know fibre is released in certain ways from breakdown of food, not sure on the actual specifics of it, fibre vs sugar intake, aka fruit smoothies.

Taking a browse through the ingredients and nutrients, as well as other powder things, (Huel makes protein powders look horrendous, first ingredient being thickener, wut), i imagine you could make up some Huel very cheap. Getting clean powder protein source might be expensive-ish, i haven't looked though. The vitamins can easily be replaced with vitamin tablets. You could get pretty adventurous, and play about with ingredients. Actually, Lentils would be a good addition on a quick scour, i know they come in dried or ready to go tins... And lentils are nice anyway. Nuts are expensive, if you want the low fat ones IIRC. Honey is a good source of natural sweetener, obviously. I suppose the super lazy could just go trail mix, lentils, vit tabs, honey. The lentils can stay in fridge, the rest blended ready to roll. I wouldn't be surprised if you could buy certain sweetners to aid the honey, but then you'd be adding sweetner...

I don't understand why their bars are still terrible though. Decent sport bars are far and few between. Vegan ones are non-existent in shops also.

Caporegime
Tried a new combo today - coconut milk and water. Will see if this keeps the hunger at bay a bit longer than almond milk.

EDIT: Way too sickly by the end of the glass. Will try again but with a reduced amount.

Last edited:
Associate
@ic1male do you make it up the night before, or just make it up and drink it?

i use a little blender (nutribullet type thing)and leave it in the fridge over night and then in the morning another quick blend and into a vacuum flask to keep cold to drink at work.

I find blending and leaving in the fridge makes the consistency nicer and taste better.

Back
Top Bottom