What watch do you wear?

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
I thought they looked alright on my phone screen :o

Thank you very much for all of that information! I'm off to the US later this month, so will probably put an order in for some of the US straps you mentioned.

Let me know if you want anything and I'll add it to the order.

That's very kind thank you! I would love this one if that's not too much trouble:

https://www.crownandbuckle.com/chevron-adjustable-autumn-syrah.html
In 20mm with the black PVD hardware option. Just let me know how much when the time comes and I'll send over the £ :cool:

Thanks again! That strap will look mega on my Morar :cool:

Associate
Soldato
That was a hell of thing, I interviewed the whistleblower who got scammed but luckily for him eventually got his money back on my podcast if anyone wants to have a listen from the horses mouth on that one :

Are you part of Scottish Watches?

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
"Complete rip off" - Talk about far fetched lol.

Apart from the case shape and style being fairly generic for the 70s era sports watch, the dial is completely different, the crown position is completely different, as are the hands and depth ratings and strap + materials used.

May as well say all dive watches are complete rip-offs of a vintage Tudor/Rolex.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Most are tbh.

Everything looks the same!!!

I had an issue on my Marloe recently so got in contact with them. Ended up being an ideal opportunity to see what their customer service is like at the same time and gotta say impressed with the direct communication with someone over there by phone or email. I was hoping to visit their Oxford office with a friend who is also into his watches to see what they're working on etc as they invite investors and customers alike to pop in for a chat. But sadly they moved from Oxford to Scotland not long ago so that visit is held off until I'm next around those parts.

The issue I had was that the seconds hand would randomly stop even with a wound mainspring which was really odd. There are no instances of this happening online for the Miyota 9039 movement that I could find. There were 9015 issues similar to mine but the cause for those was a bent seconds hand catching the inside ceiling of the crystal when sweeping so getting stuck. Not the issue here.

So I sent it to them and they said

Hi Rob,

Just to let you know our Master Watchmaker has now taken a look at your watch and it seems to be a very unusual and peculiar issue.

He found a very small micro piece of plastic in the movement, which he believes may have got there by being sheared off when the retainer was fitted at assembly. This is highly unusual for a piece of plastic to end up in the movement and we have raised it with Miyota already.

We have however carried out the repair and are just running tests to ensure all is operating well - we should have the watch back out to you later this week if there are no further issues. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Kind regards

Watch is now under testing and regulation. Off this experience I'm more than happy to buy future watches from them and in turn supporting the charity causes they work for too.

Edit*
Getting a courtesy leather strap worth £50 for my troubles too. I've chosen the Levant in their range of straps, looks really nice.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom