Escape from Tarkov

Associate
Wait times are painful atm, I don't know if its a duo thing as not played solo in a while but waiting over 15 minutes to get on Customs is just no fun, we then tried shoreline and another 15 mins wait! That was it for us then.
Second night on the trot we haven't been able to duo :( I heard new servers for the weekend so will give it another go then.

Soldato
Wait times are painful atm, I don't know if its a duo thing as not played solo in a while but waiting over 15 minutes to get on Customs is just no fun, we then tried shoreline and another 15 mins wait! That was it for us then.
Second night on the trot we haven't been able to duo :( I heard new servers for the weekend so will give it another go then.

Apologies as it's an obvious question but are your servers set to automatic in the launcher? This applies to your friend as well. If just one person in the duo/squad has a server(s) selected, it applies to them all.

We had 3/4 man squads that were joining in under 5 minutes the last few days across all maps.

Associate
Apologies as it's an obvious question but are your servers set to automatic in the launcher? This applies to your friend as well. If just one person in the duo/squad has a server(s) selected, it applies to them all.

We had 3/4 man squads that were joining in under 5 minutes the last few days across all maps.

We have manually set them to all the low ping servers in the UK/EU. Are you saying we should set them to automatic?

Associate
Absolutely, you're massively limiting your server selection. Our regulars all use automatic and we rarely get a bad server.

I understand what you're saying but i dont want to end up on high ping servers, ie the us and some of the Russian ones. I will set it back to auto and see if that improves it, i need my Tarkov fix! :)

Associate
I understand what you're saying but i dont want to end up on high ping servers, ie the us and some of the Russian ones. I will set it back to auto and see if that improves it, i need my Tarkov fix! :)

It's tarkov man, ping is going to be one of the last reasons you die :p

You will only be put on European servers anyway, you can't play on american, asian servers anymore.

It's much better to have it set to Auto, most people only change it to specific servers when they want to cheese a challenge with a mate.

Associate
It's tarkov man, ping is going to be one of the last reasons you die :p

You will only be put on European servers anyway, you can't play on american, asian servers anymore.

It's much better to have it set to Auto, most people only change it to specific servers when they want to cheese a challenge with a mate.

Ahh ok, i wasn't really sure how that worked but thanks for clearing it up.

Ahaha i didn't realise that was a sweaty thing you could do, i'd still fail the challenge anyways :)

I'll set it back to auto, sounds like that will improve it even though i had selected most of the EU/UK servers manually.

Caporegime
Really not sure if to buy this. Been watching some videos and the shooting just looks awful. :confused: I've seen people spray almost full mags into enemies from a few feet away and it didn't kill them. For example, at 4:20 in this vid below:

What is up with that?

Associate
Ahh ok, i wasn't really sure how that worked but thanks for clearing it up.

Ahaha i didn't realise that was a sweaty thing you could do, i'd still fail the challenge anyways :)

I'll set it back to auto, sounds like that will improve it even though i had selected most of the EU/UK servers manually.

I have a bunch of the lower ping UK/EU servers selected and my wait times have all been pretty low on PMC runs.

Man of Honour
Really not sure if to buy this. Been watching some videos and the shooting just looks awful. :confused: I've seen people spray almost full mags into enemies from a few feet away and it didn't kill them. For example, at 4:20 in this vid below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kSummXbVkk

Hard to tell whats happened there, looking at it they were all body shots (you're better off generally aiming at peoples legs as they have no armour on their legs) , could be that the target guy was wearing Class 5 armour and the guy shooting wasnt using armour piercing ammo or very low quality ammo.

My advice though would be that if you arent sure about the game (or dont like the looks of it), dont buy it. Wait a long time until you can get it cheap instead. As with Hell Let Loose and Post Scriptum, its generally better for everyone, both buyers and existing players, if those who dont see the appeal refrain from trying. As its very hard to remove any preconceptions or pre-playing negative thoughts and all too easy in things like Tarkov/Hell Let Loose/Post Scriptum to have fairly innocuous things in game seem much worse than they are if the player has gone in already with doubts/negative thoughts.

(or better still try it on a friends version first before parting with cash)

Soldato
Really not sure if to buy this. Been watching some videos and the shooting just looks awful. :confused: I've seen people spray almost full mags into enemies from a few feet away and it didn't kill them.

Can't watch the vid as at work but there are so many variables. There are 6 tiers of armor, there are multiple ammo types, there is bullet penetration, fragmentation and flesh damage, it's easy to mag dump into someone and not kill them if your ammo type isn't effective.

Associate
It's a players scav with **** ammo (likely 5.45 PS) shooting a kitted PMC in a class 5 Gen4 Assault armour with full arm, chest and stomach protection. That armour can eat a lot of those rounds.

Ammo is everything in EFT.

Soldato
Yeh, the better the armour the higher the bullet penetration resistance. The cheaper the ammo, the less chance a bullet can penetrate. There's an equation the game does that calculates penetration, basically you need the top tier ammo to have any chance of shooting through an expensive chest armour. Otherwise you aim for the limbs or face.

Someone with a pistol can take down a fully geared guy just by shooting them in the face though

Soldato
Late game Bloodbath on Interchange just now, i spawned in and found 6 bodies all piled outside gun store, they all bought it.

Main issue with finding this is, you cant really take all the loot.

Back
Top Bottom