What fad from your childhood/teenage years used to be "in" but now has vanished?

Associate
I remember having a cap gun, kids would probably end up being arrested by the anti-terror police playing with one of those in public now.

Damn is that the guns that fire plastic pellets? We used to buy those from the market here and walk the streets with them! Ak 47 styled!

Man of Honour
Shell suits. Going through some of my sisters old things the other day I found a photo of me wearing one, I think it was Gola or some other cheap brand.
McQueen's carrier bags.
Fancy little rubbers (stationary...) in the shape of cats.

Associate
We used to use a magnifying glass with them :D

also, anyone remember barcode battlers? :p

Yes! Although I had no idea what I was really doing - although I do remember using enemy barcodes as instead of the power-up
barcodes and those being accepted. I couldn't get any barcodes from packaging to work, my dad tried scanning the cards to create slight variations of the barcodes but for some reason his reader couldn't understand them properly.

Soldato
Yes! Although I had no idea what I was really doing - although I do remember using enemy barcodes as instead of the power-up
barcodes and those being accepted. I couldn't get any barcodes from packaging to work, my dad tried scanning the cards to create slight variations of the barcodes but for some reason his reader couldn't understand them properly.

I think they were a bit crap from what I remember :p

Soldato
metal-jacks-game-sets-8-jacks-balls-1.5cm-66713-p.jpg

71v2bP0dFsL._SL1024_.jpg

Haven't seen either of these bits in a few years either

Associate
Damn is that the guns that fire plastic pellets? We used to buy those from the market here and walk the streets with them! Ak 47 styled!

Nope, cap guns just made a bang but didn't fire anything. Are you referring to BB guns? I got into those for a short while, but had to go to a model / hobby shop - I don't remember any markets selling them!

Soldato
Nope, cap guns just made a bang but didn't fire anything. Are you referring to BB guns? I got into those for a short while, but had to go to a model / hobby shop - I don't remember any markets selling them!
you used to be able to buy guns that shot plastic balls but they were a totally different thing to what we now know as BB guns.

Soldato
"Genie" - Where you would get a full box of matches, light one and then close the box with it sticking out the top. Once it burnt down it eventually ignited the box and a 2-3 foot flame leaped up with a fizzing woosh.

Back
Top Bottom