Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
If the residual foam is a pain, use a low foaming option like Bilt Hamber, if you use it through a pump sprayer you'll get even less overspray and less residue.

The alternatives are options like citrus prewash, or even just dilute APC. The latter of which will actually have a greater cleaning power, though is slightly harsher to your LSP (wax, sealant, etc).

Soldato
APC works well on interiors, dress the plastics with CarPro PERL or Aerospace 303 (which are two favourites of most people).

Seat stains are easiest to remove entirely using extraction or wet vac, but you can get somewhat reasonable results by scrubbing with a stuff brush and an upholstery cleaner, before drying with a microfibre. This can leave tide marks from product residue, which you can reduce the probability of by repeating the above process with water.

Hi Cookeh, thanks.

I've never used a 'APC' before (Had to google it).... So I use the APC to clean the plastics/trim, then one of the other 2 products afterwards to treat it? Which APC would you recommend? I'm siding with the 303 Aerospace as it comes in a spray bottle pre-mixed! Much difference between the CarPro PERL or Aerospace 303?

Also need recommendations for a drying towel as mine is getting a bit threadbare....c

Soldato
So I use the APC to clean the plastics/trim, then one of the other 2 products afterwards to treat it? Which APC would you recommend? I'm siding with the 303 Aerospace as it comes in a spray bottle pre-mixed! Much difference between the CarPro PERL or Aerospace 303?

Thats correct, yes. Most APCs are pretty good, CarPlans Clean 100+ is great if you want something you can get in Halfords - it's cheap, very dilutable and cleans very well. Meguiars APC is fantastic but expensive. Bilt Hamber Surfex or Autosmart G101 are probably the best two on the market (and amongst the best priced) and have recently started listing on Amazon.

303 is an excellent product, there's no downside to its performance. The only negative is cost, it is hugely more expensive than PERL, which is definitely the one I'd choose. Both have UV inhibitors, both leave a slightly darker matte finish, but PERL is dilutable which makes it more usable and durable in a range of scenarios (interior and exterior plastic trim, arch liners, tyres, leather, vinyl, rubber seals).

As Adam says, APCs need to be diluted properly. Something like Surfex or G101 only need to 20:1 or so to clean interior effectively. Same with the Clean 100+ from CarPlan. If you buy Meguiars in the 734ml bottle from Halfords then its already pre-diluted and safe, but if you buy it in a 5L container (or 4.54, whatever the backwards Yanks ship it as) then you'll need to dilute to within 10-15:1. Dont be put off by dilution, it is the most efficient way of both buying and using products.

Soldato
Hi Cookeh, thanks.

I've never used a 'APC' before (Had to google it).... So I use the APC to clean the plastics/trim, then one of the other 2 products afterwards to treat it? Which APC would you recommend? I'm siding with the 303 Aerospace as it comes in a spray bottle pre-mixed! Much difference between the CarPro PERL or Aerospace 303?

Also need recommendations for a drying towel as mine is getting a bit threadbare....c

I recently replaced my drying towel this one
https://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/auto-finesse-aqua-deluxe-drying-towel

with this one
https://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/gyeon-q2m-silk-dryer

I have not tried it yet but seems like it will be very good, the green one in my first link was good as well but after time I noticed that bits of fluff would come away from the towel and stick to my cars paintwork so I replaced it.

Associate
I have the auto finesse, picked it up from ECP for about £8 in one of their sales!

Is good at what it's supposed to do, though as above says, can leave some fluff behind at times... After a few washes this has minimised though.

Soldato
Associate
Managed to squeeze in a very quick wash between the downpours so I can admire the beading from the window!

@inflames that link is 404...

I've used a few foam applicators and a Meg's microfiber applicator. All seemed fine to me and I lean towards treating them as a disposable product now

https://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/autofinesse-wax-mate-applicator-xl - nice in the hand, giggidy.

https://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/meguiars-foam-wax-applicators - can be had much cheaper without the branding

https://www.halfords.com/motoring/c...eguiars-even-coat-applicator-pads-248117.html

Underboss
Recommend me some Polish please

Used SmartPolish, now its clogged up and nearly empty, all i have left next is "Mer"

shall i use that, or buy something else?

Was going to stick with Autoglym (my whole collection i have is Autoglym) and get the super resin polish, but if i bought a black car id get the "Ultra Deep Shine" one instead

or something else?

Soldato
Recommend me some Polish please

Used SmartPolish, now its clogged up and nearly empty, all i have left next is "Mer"

shall i use that, or buy something else?

Was going to stick with Autoglym (my whole collection i have is Autoglym) and get the super resin polish, but if i bought a black car id get the "Ultra Deep Shine" one instead

or something else?

Polished pigs polish is really decent, small British brand but worth buying.

I also like their shampoo and spray wax.

Shampoo is my go to one.

Soldato
UHD is expensive but great, if you want to stick to Autoglym. If not, Soft99s Fusso Coat is fantastic - exceptionally durable and great water behaviour. Another option is Bilt Hamber Double Speed Wax, which again lasts ages and is easy to apply.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom