**** The Official OnePlus 7/OnePlus 7 Pro Thread ****

Soldato
I don't have this problem with my S10 and that is on Android 10, maybe because it uses One UI animation.

Huh that's good to know then, I'm still waiting for the A10 update for my Tab S5e and was worried about the PiP issue, guess Samsung managed to fix it with One UI. Hopefully Google doesn't take too long in fixing it as well in the main Android code.

Soldato
Lock screen is basically Pixel style including the music cover art background. Some music apps will have the option to prevent this but there's no global setting due to Google's decision. A lot of OP users prefers the stock Android look so I doubt OP will bother to stray far from this.

Thats good, means myself and people in my close proximity can keep enjoying these great random wallpapers.

mHF5YIG.jpg

Soldato
Got mine today, feel right at home after owning a Oneplus 5T and then ive had a year or so on the Pixel 3. It feels and looks fantastic. Camera isn't too bad either not as good but good enough for my needs.

Worth the upgrade? I dropped my 5T and now the screen won't come on, so debating between spending around £100 to repair it, or upgrade to either the 7T or 7T Pro. I was quite happy with the 5T and wasn't planning to upgrade it, but now tempted since I'd have to spend at least £100 to repair it anyway. Welcome any views on if it was worth the upgrade from the 5T :)

Soldato
Why they refuse to offer one in the options baffles me.

AOD noticeably drains the battery on my Note 10+, yet I have it turned on. Like you say, OP should give users the option to decide if they are happy with the extra battery usage. Even turn it off by default so that users have to hunt down the option.

Soldato
The AOD shouldn't cause that much more drain. I recall on my S10e it seemed to churn through 10-14% on average overnight regardless of whether the AOD was on or not. I would prefer to see at least an option for AOD from OnePlus for sure but i'm not going to lose sleep over it.
On the GA Ambient Mode, it's a nifty feature for sure but my 7T Pro spends so little time on charge it's hardly worth my while :p Easily going 48 hours per full charge with it so that's 1 hour every two days it's on charge. Not too shabby.

Soldato
Well I already noticed an odd bug with this. Seems when a notification pops up, and you use a quick action to respond to it, the notification stays with GA thinking the notification is still there, even if it's gone. Had a call just now, and used the quick action to answer (for some reason the call screen didn't pop up, just the notification instead). After the call I noticed the GA screen is still showing the calling notification. Taking the charger off then back in doesn't fix it. Testing with Pushbullet, if you tap on the notification directly to open the app, that's when the notification actually goes away on the GA screen.

Well, I guess this is more of an issue on Google's side and not OP.

Soldato
No option for that on my 7 Pro :(

Are you sure, it's in the Google Assistant settings not the display settings.

you can enable the feature by opening the Google Search app, tapping on "more," "Settings," "Google Assistant," then the "Assistant" tab, then scroll down to "Phone" under "assistant devices," then scroll down and find the "Ambient Mode" checkbox.

Caporegime
As end users, what are the main drawbacks of a OP? Love my Note 9 but it's not been my strongest Samsung and only highlights my issues with Samsungs - awful SoT* (my Note 8 was an exception), Samsung lag after X months and weird/worse performance after a major Android update. Logically my next phone would be the Note 20 but their prices are becoming silly and the chances of it been revolutionary are slim.

An OP8 is tempting but I want wireless charging....

*this implementation of the Exynos SoC on my Note 9 has to be one of the worst I have seen. I get 3-4 hours SoT, my Note 8 could do double this on a really good day. Heck - my Note 4 could match or slightly beat that.

Soldato
As someone who has been in both Samsung and OnePlus camps over the years I can definitely vouch for OnePlus. I had a Note 9 myself very briefly, I sold it on after a couple of weeks, just didn't like it. Mind you that was before OneUI was released and back then I hated Samsung's UI. The 7 Pro/7t Pro are fantastic devices (I'm currently on the latter) and the OnePlus UI is great. Wireless charging is the ONE thing I would wish for on my device however the wired charging and battery life are so good I don't miss having it at all. A full charge takes 1 hour and that is lasting me 48 hours easy. In a way I kind of liked how I decluttered both my home and work desks from wireless pads along with all the other chargers I had lying about the house to top up depending on which room I was in. Now I have one charger at my bedside table, that tops me up every night and I needn't worry about finding a charger the next day at all. The full screen notchless display is fantastic and I won't be upgrading to anything until the fad of notches and hole punches is behind us.

Caporegime
Funnily enough I didn't care for wireless charging up until a few months ago, my charging port broke so I have become dependent on it and now don't really want to go back. Thanks for the info.

Soldato
Anyone know of any 7pro or 7t deals, 30gb data £30 a month? These phones been out a while now and the best I can find is £37 a month unlimited everything. I don't need unlimited and don't wanna pay more than 30 a month.

Soldato
Anyone know of any 7pro or 7t deals, 30gb data £30 a month? These phones been out a while now and the best I can find is £37 a month unlimited everything. I don't need unlimited and don't wanna pay more than 30 a month.
Is that for 7 Pro? 7T Pro contract deals are basically non existent as 3 have exclusivity. I'd say buy from maybe Amazon and get a SIM only to accompany it?

Back
Top Bottom