***The Official Home Recording Studio Thread***

Soldato
Hi guys. I've got a bunch of albums as mp3s and I want to increase the volume of all mp3s from three of the albums. Is there a way to do that in one go and still save them as individual mp3s rather than one long newly created track, and instead of laboriously exporting each edited mp3 one by one?

Associate
Hi guys. I've got a bunch of albums as mp3s and I want to increase the volume of all mp3s from three of the albums. Is there a way to do that in one go and still save them as individual mp3s rather than one long newly created track, and instead of laboriously exporting each edited mp3 one by one?

Audacity can batch process a folder and you could set up a normalize in the chain (which mp3 has by default actually) to put them all to 0.0dB

It depends what you are doing with them, track gain is also a meta tag that can be used and causes me a headache sometimes!

Soldato
Audacity can batch process a folder and you could set up a normalize in the chain (which mp3 has by default actually) to put them all to 0.0dB

It depends what you are doing with them, track gain is also a meta tag that can be used and causes me a headache sometimes!

They're all steely dan albums and some of them are a fair bit quieter than the others. I practise drums to them
and when I decide I want to play louder, I drown out the quieter songs :p

I don't have audacity but I've got Presonus Studio one and Abelton. Can I do batch processing with those? Does normalizing to 0.0dB make them louder?

Man of Honour

A very simple program called MP3Gain.
I use it on every MP3 I've transferred to my phone or DAP.
I set it at 93db.

Man of Honour
Cool. I can import a whole album to add gain to all mp3s simultaneously and they'll be automatically saved as individual mp3s with the album track titles?

Yes

I have the icon on my desktop and just drag albums in

mp3gain.JPG

Soldato
Installed and tried it. Perfect! Don't even have to click save, it analyses the tracks, shows the dB and increases the dB to whatever I specify and it's done. Brilliant program. :)

Last edited:
Caporegime
Right, they've arrived, setup and put through their paces.

nLHt6Oqh.jpg

They're a nice size, not too big and heavy, but certainly enough size and weight there to instil confidence that it's a quality produced product. Each speaker weighs about 7kg. I love their design. I think they look really smart and modern, and fit in well in a home environment, unlike, say, Rokit's, which can be garish with their lairy colour.

The DIP switch diagram on the back is handy for setup and tailoring the sound. I left both at neutral setting.

I'm no audio engineer. but to me, they sound sublime for the money. Bass is plentiful and well controlled. the front ports help if you are having them up against a wall. At loud volumes, you can really feel the air being pumped through the port. Very good for EDM fans. Treble is also very nice, easy to listen to and doesn't cause ear fatigue like some monitors do.

The soundstage is excellent too. A real experience. Listening to He's a Pirate, there's plenty of depth and so much going on, more than I have noticed before, but dealt with in a way whereby the music doesn't get lost or chaotic. something than I have struggled with when listening before on other equipment. The sound envelopes you nicely as well. It's a very polished performer indeed.

I think if I heard these without knowing the price, I'd say I was listening to monitors costing around £500-550 a pair. These cost me £282. If you're after a great set of monitors for a bedroom/project studio without breaking the bank, you can't go wrong with these. They're simply an amazing performer and ridiculous value for money.

Caporegime
OP
Right, they've arrived, setup and put through their paces.

nLHt6Oqh.jpg

They're a nice size, not too big and heavy, but certainly enough size and weight there to instil confidence that it's a quality produced product. Each speaker weighs about 7kg. I love their design. I think they look really smart and modern, and fit in well in a home environment, unlike, say, Rokit's, which can be garish with their lairy colour.

The DIP switch diagram on the back is handy for setup and tailoring the sound. I left both at neutral setting.

I'm no audio engineer. but to me, they sound sublime for the money. Bass is plentiful and well controlled. the front ports help if you are having them up against a wall. At loud volumes, you can really feel the air being pumped through the port. Very good for EDM fans. Treble is also very nice, easy to listen to and doesn't cause ear fatigue like some monitors do.

The soundstage is excellent too. A real experience. Listening to He's a Pirate, there's plenty of depth and so much going on, more than I have noticed before, but dealt with in a way whereby the music doesn't get lost or chaotic. something than I have struggled with when listening before on other equipment. The sound envelopes you nicely as well. It's a very polished performer indeed.

I think if I heard these without knowing the price, I'd say I was listening to monitors costing around £500-550 a pair. These cost me £282. If you're after a great set of monitors for a bedroom/project studio without breaking the bank, you can't go wrong with these. They're simply an amazing performer and ridiculous value for money.

Sweet :)

Soldato
There seemed to be a sign up for the Genesis Pro VST where you could get early access, but by the time I checked it out the website had crashed due to the ridiculous amount of interest.

Anyone heard anything?

Back
Top Bottom