Microwave "Growling"

Soldato
I expect it costs twice that to keep it powered, older microwaves are horrendously in effecent.

We sent £60 on one in Asda back before Xmas as the old one had started to peel internally, nothing special but it works and that what matters!

Yeah maybe. It's good though. All stainless and the plate revolves with magnets, so it's really easy to clean. No moving parts at all open to the user. Also, when I compare cooking times, it's like a 950-1000W on full power. It also defrosts things well.

Soldato
We had a Panasonic flatbed thing that was terrible. I'm convinced it was broken from day one because it was full of cold spots (it would cook half an egg etc) the one day, around 3 weeks out of warranty it made a strange noise and threw an error code which suggested the magnetron had died. Biggest pile of **** microwave * we've ever had, the most expensive as well.

Have a cheap, £90.00 LG rotating plate jobby now which runs rings round the last one.

* I'm 99.9999% sure this was because it had a major fault from day one.

Caporegime
I got a Tower branded microwave from poundstretcher after 2 Beko's had issues from b&q, one started to rust within 12 months and the other the front control panel stopped working.

I wouldn't pay less than £50 for one.

Caporegime
It is still going because people and opinions. Discussion forum type stuff happening up in here.

panasonic inverters are the best and at £130 there is no point looking at cheap options which as he has already found are crap.

had mine for nearly 4 years now - still like brand new. mine was a £200 model though.

i think spending £100-£200 on something which lasts 5+ years is pretty much a no brainer. it costs pennies over time.

£200 over say mine lasts 5-10 years is what £20-£40 per year. i spend more than that on bets on a weekly basis.

Man of Honour
panasonic inverters are the best and at £130 there is no point looking at cheap options which as he has already found are crap.

had mine for nearly 4 years now - still like brand new. mine was a £200 model though.

i think spending £100-£200 on something which lasts 5+ years is pretty much a no brainer. it costs pennies over time.

£200 over say mine lasts 5-10 years is what £20-£40 per year. i spend more than that on bets on a weekly basis.

Ahh you see thats an opinion, I looked and can confirm this as other people have a different opinion. See take these guys: https://uk.bestreviews.guide/microw...vmmu7mPPi8Z3CBeiBfIGubRXTZ5IkJlBoC4SYQAvD_BwE

Their opinion is that a samsung is the best and the panasonic doesn't appear in the list. As I said discussion forum, not everything is as cut and dry as go buy that and be done with it :)

Caporegime

that looks cheap the buttons, etc on it. samsung is one of those companies people just vote out of brand loyalty. they are in many categories so all rounders but master at none apart from SSD's and phones.

Jez

Jez

Caporegime

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
that looks cheap the buttons, etc on it. samsung is one of those companies people just vote out of brand loyalty. they are in many categories so all rounders but master at none apart from SSD's and phones.
Their stuff is really cheap though to be fair, i have a Samsung fridge and it was literally around £1k. It isnt great (cheap plastic water and ice paddles etc, ice hopper is a bad design) and i will probably spend money on the next one, but it has been faultless to be fair to it for over 5 years. If you think that a better one from someone like Liebherr would be £3-4k for the same thing, you cant really blame their stuff for being a bit flimsy.

Soldato
[
Their opinion is that a samsung is the best and the panasonic doesn't appear in the list.
those sites are often driven by affiliate referral award levels
The technology behind our ranking has many man-hours of work put into them — usually 10x what goes into a typical review these days on many tech blogs and magazines. If we recommend good products, our work is supported through a small kickback from the retailer when you make a purchase. But if we pick junk and you return it, we make nothing. We think that’s a fair system.
]

If you look up invertor technology, in earlier thread too, with ability to vary the power, and not 'just' pulse on and off#, you use less electricity, and get more even cooking.
- reduced cold spots, where magnetron is pulsed off whenever a particular piece of food rotates past it on turntable.
Panasonic invertor can be had at £110 see hotuk.

If I was going to get one, it would be a tough call - the more expensive ones with convection too, make really great baked-potatoes -the relatives panasonic does anyway.

(#Non-invertors have similar pulse on/off characteristics to cheaper induction hobs)

Back
Top Bottom