Your favourite chilli sauce is?

Soldato
I have tried all sorts but Encona is still my overall favourite, though I do like the extra hot version.

I liked the Reaper one they came out with, although it wasn't as hot as I expected.

Randomly saw a sauce I hadn't tried before in Tescos the other day - Yogiyo Chilli & Yuzu Korean hot sauce - very fruity... but needs moaaaar heat.

Soldato
I know they're not sauce but those flamin hot Tangy Cheese Dorito's pack quite the punch, I'm struggling to finish one packet they're a weird kind of hot, feel the burn but no sweating or running nose/eyes and as they're crisps it makes snacking them difficult as the heat becomes relentless

Soldato
Sean Evans Reveals the Season 12 Hot Sauce Lineup | Hot Ones

Hot Ones returns 6/25 @ 11am EST! The pandemic can no longer keep the wings of death at bay—we're moving forward with an all-new season and you know what that means: new hot sauces! Please make some noise for the Season 12 lineup, featuring a brand-new version of The Classic (with 10x more garlic), a record TWO grim reaper-emblazoned bottles, and our first sauce from Costa Rica. Welcome back, spice lords!

I need to catch up on the last couple of interview tbh

Soldato
Sean Evans Reveals the Season 13 Hot Sauce Lineup | Hot Ones

Hot Ones returns 10/1 @ 11am EST! There is no such thing as a vacation at Hot Ones HQ—as Chris Schonberger always says, “No weeks off!” So into this spicy autumn we go, and you know what that means: it’s time to meet the new hot sauce lineup for Season 13! A round of applause as we welcome back some of our favorite makers like Dawson’s, Angry Goat Pepper Co., Shaquanda’s, Hell Fire Detroit, and Heartbeat. But what is that in the last spot? Is it a new version of The Last Dab?! Introducing The Last Dab Apollo—the only sauce in the world with the Apollo Pepper, the newest, most ferocious, and most delicious pepper yet from our friend and legendary mad scientist Smokin’ Ed Currie. This is by far the hottest Dab ever created, some say even hotter than the sun itself. Welcome back, spice lords!

tbh I haven't watched much of the zoom interviews

Associate
I know they're not sauce but those flamin hot Tangy Cheese Dorito's pack quite the punch, I'm struggling to finish one packet they're a weird kind of hot, feel the burn but no sweating or running nose/eyes and as they're crisps it makes snacking them difficult as the heat becomes relentless

Funnily enough I have also failed to finish a packet of those as well. It took me a week of only taking a few at a time to finish it eventually. Wow, they are hot!

Perhaps they are to help us not to snack on crisps?

Capodecina
Soldato
I have had so many over the years. Tabasco original is still my favourite by a long way. Their habanero variety is also decent, though I wonder if it's less hot than it used to be.

Encona is good, I may pick up the Xtra hot variety since I can't remember what it's like, they do a Carolina Reaper variety but I swear it's not as hot as it should be. Probably just marketing.

Then you have East End Green Chili Sauce which is devastating. Amazing stuff.

My wild card is this stuff called El Yucateco Habernero. It took me a year to finish the jar. It was utter dynamite. I could only add a quarter of a teaspoon to a dish, and even then it would blow me away.

green tabasco sauce.

I'm interested to try this, apparently it's rather mild but I'm curious.

Associate
Encona is good, I may pick up the Xtra hot variety since I can't remember what it's like, they do a Carolina Reaper variety but I swear it's not as hot as it should be. Probably just marketing.

I'm a longtime fan of the standard Encona west indian hot pepper sauce...have noted the other varieties on the shelf and will give them a try

Soldato
Encona for me too as an everyday go to.

Laast year I brought back some king Naga chilli's from northern India and made my own sauce. Man that stuff had a kick.

Swiftly disappeared though.

Soldato
My wild card is this stuff called El Yucateco Habernero. It took me a year to finish the jar. It was utter dynamite.
I got a bottle of that from Mex Grocer. It's lovely, but not what I would call a hot sauce. I have quite a few splashes on my tacos or chilli, love it.

I made some Zhug from scratch the other day. Absolute heaven with a huge Picanha beef from my butchers very rare. Also excellent on fried eggs!

Capodecina
Soldato
Ah, I didn't realise they did so many variations. I have this one which does still say hot sauce on it so I'll just shut up :p (It's lovely and fruity, well recommended).

Yes, I absolutely love a good habanero sauce or curry. I miss the old chicken tikka phal my local used to do, bags of habanero, fruit and flavour [not just tipping a jar of hot curry powder in]. One of the best curries I've ever had.

That Caribbean version looks amazing.

Back
Top Bottom