Mass trespass by self-identifiers?

bol

bol

Associate
I quite understand the idea that women would not want to be use the same cubicles as men, working in a solely male environment, I sure I'm not alone.

Caporegime
I don't want shared toilets, especially on nights out. I want to go in there, have a leak, wash hands and get out. I don't want to be stood behind a group of women doing their make up and taking selfies for ten minutes.

Caporegime
I quite understand the idea that women would not want to be use the same cubicles as men, working in a solely male environment, I sure I'm not alone.
Going into the cubicle you are fully clothed. Exciting the cubicle you are fully clothed.

I don't see the problem on a purely functional level.

However it would seem that some women enjoy the social side of womens-only toilets. I'm not sure how much weight that should have in any decision, tho.

Soldato
I'm doubting women are self identifying as men just to use the toilets. I think they are bursting for a pee.

The problem with the female bathrooms is toilets take up more room when building the bathroom. Most men are going in and out of the men's toilets because most of us are peeing against the pee stones, or those bowls. Not many men are using the toilets.

Soldato
Hasn't this always happened, go back 15 years ago and I'm at a local hotel for a Christmas event, chap in hand at the urinal when the door goes, 4 attractive drunk girls walk-in, "sorry, the queue is massive for ours, do you mind?" then 1 in each cubicle and one either side of me each backing onto a urinal. They are very chatty though, it's odd.

Happened many times over the years, I don't see an issue with it.

Caporegime
I'm doubting women are self identifying as men just to use the toilets. I think they are bursting for a pee.

The problem with the female bathrooms is toilets take up more room when building the bathroom. Most men are going in and out of the men's toilets because most of us are peeing against the pee stones, or those bowls. Not many men are using the toilets.
I always use the cubicle. I hate, hate, *hate* the "pee walls". It's uncivilised.

Only the rabble use those things.

Soldato

Over the years from what I've heard women's toilets are usually a lot worse than mens, even at work.

I always use the cubicle. I hate, hate, *hate* the "pee walls". It's uncivilised.

Only blokes that don't like urinals are either shy wee'ers or those with little winkies... which are you? :D

Commissario
Over the years from what I've heard women's toilets are usually a lot worse than mens, even at work.
I've worked in a few companies over the years and without exception, the ladies are always in a worse state than the mens. I'm going by comments from office services staff and general emails sent around the business. It's very common to hear the janitorial staff whinge about the girls toilet or have an email sent around bemoaning the state of them and it's far less common for that to happen about the boys toilet.

Man of Honour
Actually I often see women going into the mens' toilet at concerts - nobody (on either side) seems vaguely uncomfortable - except when it comes to queuing to dry their hands on the solitary working gentle breeze hand dryer :mad:

I feel a Four Old Yorkshiremen moment coming on...

You had a working gentle breeze hand dryer? Luxury! We had to dry our hands by flapping them vigorously and pay the concert owner for permission to create a draft!

Associate
Use a urinal whilst wearing shorts and you'll quickly realise why they are uncivilised. Grim.

This. After a game of footy a few years ago I was in a public lav at the park, had shorts on. My legs weren't only getting splashback from my own jet, but from two blokes either side of me as well. Use a cubicle whenever possible since that day.

Caporegime
There's not enough toilets in public spaces as it is, so this argument about the space taken up by cubicles is lame.

That said there's always going to be a problem with non-discriminatory toilets, some men/women are just vile, exploitative ***** who think the world revolves around them. No amount of guards or surveillance is going to stop that.

But then again it's hardly like anything stops them abusing people at the moment, so maybe it's a pointless argument, we only perceive the isolation as a barrier because it exists physically, would such a boundary exist if you take the physicality away? Probably not, but it's a bit weird using unisex toilets as it's culturally opposed to the norm, so there's certainly temporarily an awkwardness to it, but what about in 50 years?

Honestly we wont know unless we try it, but the risk is obviously severe if it goes wrong, but it could also go entirely the other way, it may very well normalise people's behaviours to the other sex, so they aren't so 'in need' of abusing them through the lack of contact/experience.

The transexual argument is ultimately irrelevant as the real argument is wider in scope, i think its just used as an ad hominem (hurr liberals) or reductive fallacy surrounding the cultural shift to normalise unisex toilets without much further thought put into it. It's not just about them, its about everyone and how they interact with members of the opposite sex.

Last edited:
Soldato
it apparently encourages young couples who need somewhere to hook up.
How does that work?
Nauseating lighting, that will also highlight certain bodily fluids in a glaring blue-white colour... ? Sorry, probably just me, but I don't see that as a turn-on, really.

Wasn’t it some manky ‘natural pool’ or something?
Yeah could have been, swimming pool, lido, paddling place... summat like that. Had a couple of 'ponds', load of plants and a 'feature garden', looked more like a garden centre to me.

Only the rabble use toilets. Men of proper breeding will simply wander out toward the less used acres of their estate and exercise the freedom that nobility affords... or go **** on one of the peasants while they work.

Use a urinal whilst wearing shorts and you'll quickly realise why they are uncivilised. Grim.
Do you lack sufficient muscular (or digital) control to keep from blasting like a fire hose and back-splashing yourself, or are you just standing way too close to the wall? :p

Back
Top Bottom