• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Financial Results Thread

Caporegime
AMD hits $76, they are up 25% in the last 3 or 4 days.

Meanwhile, Intel, during the same period are down 20%... oof. Its like an Intel to AMD exodus, do they see the writing on the wall?

DLqBs6L.png

EU28bH4.png

Last edited:
Caporegime
Soldato
If you look at last the same quarter last year they had 2/3 gaming revenue and 65% margins. I told you guys for yonks Turing was not as expensive to make as people thought. This means even the cheaper GPUs are made with a big margin. The only reason margins are down is because they made an huge acquisition of Mellanox earlier in the year,which also added 30% to their bottom line.

Caporegime
If you look at last the same quarter last year they had 2/3 gaming revenue and 65% margins. I told you guys for yonks Turing was not as expensive to make as people thought. This means even the cheaper GPUs are made with a big margin. The only reason margins are down is because they made an huge acquisition of Mellanox earlier in the year,which also added 30% to their bottom line.

I'm starting to feel sorry for Intel, they must be looking at their two main competitors and taking an awkward dry swallow.

Caporegime
I feel sorry for my own pocket everytime I think of getting a new GPU! :(

Its not so bad at the moment, i got a 5700XT for £330, its needed some tweaking to make it quiet but its all good.

I am dreading the next generation, Nvidia will want to increase margins again and AMD are not coming to the rescue, they will be more competitive, and they will want paying for that.

Caporegime
Its not so bad at the moment, i got a 5700XT for £330, its needed some tweaking to make it quiet but its all good.

Yup, damn good aren't they! Not in such a rush for the new cards now and can wait for both sides to drop what they got :)

Mine even handles 3840x1600 with some tweaking, barely tell the quality difference tbh and it still keep the fps at an acceptable level!! Not bad for 6,144,000 pixels, quite the stretch over 1440p :cool:

Back
Top Bottom