Wolcen: Lords of Mayhem- New ARPG

Soldato
This is why I never buy on launch!

How does it compare to D3, Grim Dawn and POE so far?

Started POE while I wait for Grim Dawn to go on sale, got to lvl 28 and enjoying it.

Associate
At launch I wouldn't say there is a massive benefit, party play might net you better experience gains and magic find for better farming, but if you're happy with a single player experience then I don't see a real need to jump online.

Things might change further down the line depending what content they add in, but I imagine that it will be a way off given the size of the dev team etc.

Soldato
Any tangible benefit to playing online? I played all the Diablos, Torchlite, etc, as SP games.

Just to note, offline and online are 2 seperate instances. No cross sharing. So if you get some insane loot or progress super far. You can't move that character to online should you wish to play with others.

Associate
Got online fine ended the night lvl 21 and enjoying it, only 69 more levels to go.

There are bugs a very few audio bugs, ui but no game breaking ones yet

Soldato
Yea I am level 15 I think but based on the beta I am nearing the end of act one, about level 18-19 last time I did it in the beta.

I have found a few odd bugs but again nothing game breaking, and some audio ones too.

I am liking the changes from the beta and I think they have made some elements easier to understand too. Am very much enjoying it.

GAC

GAC

Soldato
well been having a few hours in this morning messing about and got to say its a beast of a engine, had to drop from high to medium settings at 1440p as my gtx1070 was maxed out. now its around 70-80% usage, game still looks nice enough.

Caporegime
This looks like a blatant D3 rip off, even the equipment screen looks like a direct copy and paste job... as does the looting :p

That's no bad thing mind D3 was amazing. I may well give this a go.

Soldato
Well I got to lvl23 last night and into act 2, have gone to play this morning and it cannot create a game. Also I notice that it thinks I am in act 1 still...

EDIT: Looking at the forums this is a known issue where your progress is reset but your character and stats are not. Read one person completed act2 but is now at the start of act1 again, but at lvl32...

GAC

GAC

Soldato
found a bug myself vsyncs broken, went from 100% gpu usage to 70% by setting frames manually to 60fps (on a 60hz screen) guessing vsync is set to let it run as fast as possible.

Soldato
This looks like a blatant D3 rip off, even the equipment screen looks like a direct copy and paste job... as does the looting :p

That's no bad thing mind D3 was amazing. I may well give this a go.

It's as though D3 and PoE had a gap year romp and this was the offspring given away as a result. It's great fun, combat is fun, much slower than both of them thus far but I can see the combat getting insane.

We managed to get a couple of hours in last night, however the group function was broken so the wife and I couldn't group up. Will get more time in it tonight.

GAC

GAC

Soldato
Hoping the servers are sorted tonight, looking at twitter and their subreddit they've been spinning servers up to hopefully help demand.

not helped much yet for me. can login to asian servers but as for eu ones atm still cant make a game.

Soldato
I have been able to play on EU ok today for the most part. Just completed Act 2, and encountered a horrible bug.

My personal stash has been reset to what it was at the start of Act 2...so all my gear is gone, gems are gone, everything I collected. Not happy as I had 12 Entropys saved up for later, and now have 2. I also lost 2 legendary's and 2 unique's.

Back
Top Bottom