Spec me a CCTV System

Associate
Just about to but another Hikvision camera to add to my old bullet (may replace that too later).

I have read the Colorvu are the latest best thing but confused which to buy.

The link earlier in this thread is for a 4MP and is about £120. (Also on auction site for similar)

But I also see on the auction site some 5MP models for half the cost. Are these newer or any good?

Which should I get?

Thanks

Associate
Just about to but another Hikvision camera to add to my old bullet (may replace that too later).

I have read the Colorvu are the latest best thing but confused which to buy.

The link earlier in this thread is for a 4MP and is about £120. (Also on auction site for similar)

But I also see on the auction site some 5MP models for half the cost. Are these newer or any good?

Which should I get?

Thanks

The 5MP cams at half the cost use TVI cables not ethernet.

Associate
The colorvu has an ethernet connector and a jack plug for a mic. The back box hides the cabling and makes for a neat install.

It all depends on where you intend to install the camera and where your main cable is routed from too.

Associate
I am having real problems with my neighbour. I would like to install CCTV to cover my front and back gardens (2 camera set up). I’m looking for good (don’t need 4K as £££) image quality, sound, manageable via iphone 11. Not sure Re/ wire/less?

Could anyone suggest/link? Thanks.

Permabanned
Well that is the thread to ask in, if every single person made a new thread for a CCTV question the forum would be even more bloated than it already is with said threads.

If you really are not tech enough to do the basic then get a local company to come and do it.

Caporegime
Anybody here use Blue Iris as the NVR? I had 6 Duhua 2Mp starlights cams installed last year with a PC running BI. Has been running fine but am wondering if anybody else is using BI and their overall thoughts on it?

i've tried running on ein the past and it was a faff. an NVR once set up just works forever

Soldato
Blue Iris is a great piece of software and will beat an NVR. Main asset is the ability to mix different branded cameras and maintain the use of their smart features. There is no doubt, an NVR is simple and does the job.

Soldato
I know there is a lot of people with ring cameras on here, you might be interested in this:

Amazon's Ring logs every doorbell press and app action https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-51709247

Food for thought, I expect nest is exactly the same.

Not surprised to be honest. My top two blocked domains on PiHole are Amazon. (I assumed it was the Alexa devices).

I won't lose any sleep over it though.

Back
Top Bottom