What film did you watch last night?

Man of Honour
Polaroid on netflix, just a run of the mill, average jumpscare movie. Essentially The Ring, The Eye, The Hand or The Foot...one of those movies, only this time a camera takes your photo and then you die. Not really much more to say about it. Its a by the numbers "horror", passable as something to popcorn to. 5/10.

Associate
Knives Out

A by-the-numbers Columbo-style whodunnit with Ana de Armas (oh yes), Daniel Craig and a few other big names.
Christopher Plummer plays a rich old man who appears to have committed suicide on his 85th birthday, but naturally, things aren't that simple - all the family seem to have a motive, and when it's revealed the will was secretly changed a week prior to his death....there are quite a few unhappy faces.

Enjoyable (even with Craig's Louisiana/Alabama accent), although the 'twist' towards the end is pretty obvious, and that's coming from someone who makes Inspector Clouseau look competent!

Oooh, did I mention Ana de Armas is in it?

7.5 out of 10.

Soldato
CashBack, 2006 Romantic film about an artist living a dreary life but has ways of entertaining himself and his artistic license. It is most captivating. 9/10 Also has a young Emilia Fox who is just lovely.

Soldato
CashBack, 2006 Romantic film about an artist living a dreary life but has ways of entertaining himself and his artistic license. It is most captivating. 9/10 Also has a young Emilia Fox who is just lovely.
Good film, impressive when you find out that it was extended from a short film so some shots were a couple of years apart, if that makes sense.

Soldato
Parasite.

It's a great film, some parts gave me feelings of Hanneke's "Funny Games", for that feeling of wealth intruded upon by disruption and chaos.

Whilst it's a top film of the past year, I think I've seen better foreign films over the last few years that were probably more deserving of the Oscar for best picture. Personally, I think "Once Upon a Time in Hollywod" was my favourite film of 2019.

Associate
Jungle with Daniel Radcliffe. Surprisingly good really enjoyed it and never heard of it until I spotted it on Amazon video.

I'm going to give it a 9 just because it's the first time a film has really surprised me in a while with something different

You should try Swiss army man or Horns. They're great. I actually admire Radcliffe for his choice of movies, people dislike him but he's taken on some strange titles and some have been gems in the rough.

Watched it last night on Prime. Pretty good. Reminded me of 127 Hours although not as good and to a lesser degree The Green Inferno (jungle, innit :p ).
I do like Daniel Radcliffe these days though as he does seem to take on some interesting films - Horns and SAM as mentioned above.

Soldato
Watched it last night on Prime. Pretty good. Reminded me of 127 Hours although not as good and to a lesser degree The Green Inferno (jungle, innit :p ).
I do like Daniel Radcliffe these days though as he does seem to take on some interesting films - Horns and SAM as mentioned above.

Still not watched Swiss Army Man I'm waiting for it to come up on Amazon video hopefully

I could easily watch Jungle again I really liked it

Associate
Emma (2020) - 7/10

The story’s good and not too complicated with enough humour, wit and pacing to keep things interesting.

The acting and music’s good and there’s always lots of splendor and grandness on show in the setting, style and costumes.

The setting really is of a bygone age, and Emma is superbly portrayed as handsome clever and rich and more than a bit of a narcissist.

Soldato
Wind River - 8/10
Not sure how this passed me by at the cinema, really enjoyed it.

Taylor Sheridan is a superb writer, he's also behind Sicario and Hell or High Water. Wind River is the conclusion of what he calls his Frontier trilogy

I've heard good things about the Yellowstone series he also wrote but hasn't popped up on any of the UK streaming services yet.

Soldato
Boy from Taika Waititi, brilliantly funny and sad little film from New Zealand about a boy who dreams of his dad returning but when dad does all us not perfect. 4/5

Back
Top Bottom