Brighton Cat Killer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Permabanned
For someone to go that far, there's got to be more to the story than it simply turning up in bits on the doorstep. Even drug dealers will just shoot something (or someone) that's a nuisance. Chopping a body into bits is about sending a message.

Permabanned
LMAO This guy should be a detective

There's been a drug war going on in the Republic of Ireland for the last several years. Until recently they were content with shooting each other, even in broad daylight. However, one guy was released from prison recently and was confronted by members of another gang and punched and jeered at, while it was recorded on mobile and passed around. In retaliation, rather than making do with shooting those involved, they murdered a young kid and chopped him into pieces.

There's 101 ways to deal with a nuisance cat. Cutting it into pieces and leaving it on someone's doorstep is about as extreme as you can get and sending a message. The only way it could have been more extreme was nailing the bits to the door itself.

Soldato
too many cats to keep my garden cat poo free ,but one comes and sits with me and has a mooch in my out building potting shed ,had a rat in there and its seems to have re-homed it\
i abhor all animal cruelty
(and yes i am vegan for the above reason , a dangerous thing to bring up on gd and a notorious thread derailer ;))

Soldato
I hate cats but dont condone cruelty to animals, and further to be sickly killed in this fashion is appalling. The person who did this needs to be dealt with properly but probably won't be.

How can you hate cats? I don't get how people can hate any animal. Certainly not cats or dogs who can show real affection to us.

People get pretty ****** off with cats taking dumps in their gardens, owner doesn't care, so then take matters in to their own hands. This was way over the top though, probably some future serial killer.

There isn't much that can be done about it really unless you can catch them in the act.

Cats are wild animals which is why owners can't be held legally responsible for their actions unlike dogs. Yes they do like to bury their poop. I have two and have told all my neighbours to spray them with the hose if they see them diggng in their gardens. However if anyone was to hurt them I'd have a serious problem.

I agree wholeheartedly about the trauma for the family. The person who did this must be seriously disturbed and needs urgent attention.

However, I am not so convinced about the innocence of the cat, cat lovers tend to be remarkably indifferent to cats torturing wild birds. I wonder how many cat owners get incensed about fox hunting?

As for cats and wildlife. They tend to be proper killers in their first 4 years. One of ours was a proper hunter. They do play with their victims but so do many many predators as its practice. Its not malicious, they aren't torturing them. Dogs will often do the same if they catch a rabbit. Now mine are both 7 they hardly ever bring anything home. I'm not indifferent to it though, if I am able to save what they have caught and bought home I will. They both have collars with bells on to at least give the birds a chance.

I was born and raised in fox hunting country in the north Cotswolds, I have friends who hunted but I have despised it since I was a kid as to me its just animal cruelty, maybe not as bad as dog fighting or bull fighting but still they are taking pleasure in chasing an animal down and killing it. You can't compare human activities like that and animals like cats. They are acting on instinct, we are not.

Associate
Cats are wild animals which is why owners can't be held legally responsible for their actions unlike dogs. Yes they do like to bury their poop. I have two and have told all my neighbours to spray them with the hose if they see them diggng in their gardens. However if anyone was to hurt them I'd have a serious problem.

I'll be honest I've never liked cats so my opinion may very well be jaded, but this annoys me. By making a conscious decision to let your animal outside to do whatever it likes without recourse in the modern world is absurd. Legal justification or not I think it's ridiculous and needs changing. I believe if your an owner of an animal your responsible for it. If you don't want that responsibility the answer is simple, don't buy the animal.

Don't mistake what I'm saying here. This action is vile, disgusting and viscous. I wouldn't wish it on any animal. I agree with many in this thread however that it doesn't sound like an opportunistic move, particularly around leaving the cat outside of the owners home etc.

Soldato

Cats are not wild animals, they are not a native species and don't get the same protection.

They also don't get the same level of protection as a dog. E.g. If you run over a dog you are required by law to report it, you aren't if you hit a cat.

Last edited:
Soldato
Cats are not wild animals, they are not a native species and don't get the same protection.

They also don't get the same level of protection as a dog. E.g. If you run over a dog you are required by law to report it, you aren't if you hit a cat.

My point is that if your dog attacks someone or causes damage to property you are held legally responsible. If your cat did the same you are not. I believe the law sees them as independent free agents or something along those lines.

Capodecina
Soldato
. . .
As for cats and wildlife. They tend to be proper killers in their first 4 years. One of ours was a proper hunter. They do play with their victims but so do many many predators as its practice. Its not malicious, they aren't torturing them.
. . .
Not malicious?
Not torture?
There is a job available for you with the CIA, "playing" with suspects :rolleyes:

Soldato
My point is that if your dog attacks someone or causes damage to property you are held legally responsible. If your cat did the same you are not. I believe the law sees them as independent free agents or something along those lines.

You probably could sue the owner in a civil court as they are ultimately responsible.

Soldato
Cats have a legal right to roam they are also classed as property so it you take one, it's theft. There are some civil liabilities placed on owners such as nuisance orders etc but they are rather hard to enforce. I don't really know about farmers in respect of livestock but if you harm a cat and get caught, you're getting done for it.

Soldato
Not malicious?
Not torture?
There is a job available for you with the CIA, "playing" with suspects :rolleyes:

seriously you think that when any predator plays with its prey it’s malicious? They do it because it’s their instinct to do it, it’s how they learn when they are young. It’s why they will continue to do it when the prey is dead. If it was just to cause suffering why would they bother once the prey is dead? You have a very odd idea of why animals do this. They aren’t like humans, when we do something we are making a conscious choice. And I despise people who hurt animals.

Cats have a legal right to roam they are also classed as property so it you take one, it's theft. There are some civil liabilities placed on owners such as nuisance orders etc but they are rather hard to enforce. I don't really know about farmers in respect of livestock but if you harm a cat and get caught, you're getting done for it.

Thanks this is what I was trying to say. Cats can carry disease that effects cattle and possibly sheep if memory serves so farmers are allowed to control them.

Capodecina
Soldato
seriously you think that when any predator plays with its prey it’s malicious? They do it because it’s their instinct to do it, it’s how they learn when they are young. It’s why they will continue to do it when the prey is dead. If it was just to cause suffering why would they bother once the prey is dead? You have a very odd idea of why animals do this. They aren’t like humans, when we do something we are making a conscious choice. And I despise people who hurt animals. . . .
You may have misunderstood me; I entirely accept that domesticated cats kill birds because that is what their forebears did.
I don't approve of domesticated cats killing harmless wild birds, any more than I approve of thugs killing and mutilating domesticated cats.
People who condone the former behaviour should not be allowed to keep any pet.
People who practice the latter behaviour clearly suffer from a mental disorder, they should be treated.

OK? Clear now?

Soldato
You may have misunderstood me; I entirely accept that domesticated cats kill birds because that is what their forebears did.
I don't approve of domesticated cats killing harmless wild birds, any more than I approve of thugs killing and mutilating domesticated cats.
People who condone the former behaviour should not be allowed to keep any pet.
People who practice the latter behaviour clearly suffer from a mental disorder, they should be treated.

OK? Clear now?

Clear but completely disagree. If you were in charge 80%+ of cat owners (the ones who let their cats outside) would be banned from keeping pets. That is a ridiculous statement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom